Black Relationships : Plea to all Lovers

creaBLACKtive said:
One of the great ironies in life is that the places of the most peace (perceived or actual). Can also be the sources of the blackest chaos. This is not Maury “are you my baby daddy”, material so if you’re looking for entertainment of that nature I wouldn’t suggest reading much further. This is a plea written to anyone who has been or is deeply in love.

I was a brother who had never really been in love. No great deal of experience in any area because I was waiting on something (although I didn’t know what). It was like I had to sneeze but couldn’t. Then I meet a person who made every nightmare petty, understood my every indiscretion and did not know the meaning of, nor use for unkind.

It’s been almost two years now since I meet this person. We have fought tooth and nail to be in one place together (We meet online She was in school in Texas, and I was in school in Tennessee). Now on the doorstep of our two anniversary we can’t even seem to get along. I feel as though we are so ungrateful that we are almost not deserving of the blessing we were so fortunate to receive in each other. It may seem contradictory but I almost feel like just letting the relationship go simply because if you can’t find it in yourself to be happy with a good thing then maybe you are misguided in thinking that it is for you.

Love is a wild animal not meant to be tamed by these cages and notions we give it. That is why I want to take the time to say if you have a person you love please don’t be like us. Love that person like the blessing that they are. I am not saying that you shouldn’t grow, or help that person to grow. Neither am I saying that you should sweep legitimate problems under the rug. However I am saying don’t let your relationship be defined by its shortcomings. Instead let it be defined by that wild animal that is love, unleashed, and grateful for it’s spirit. Love them........that’s it.

I feel ya on this and can relate to ya. Many of us do take love for granted, and often a string of unfotunate events plays a huge role in it. The thing I learned is, like life, love is unpredictable. We have to experience other things before we can appreciate what we have. Sometimes we just don't realize how precious each other is until its tooken away or we are placed in situations that teaches us the differences.

When a person finds the one person who can complement them, one thing is for sure, they will never stop loving them in their minds and heart whether they are together or not. LIfe and Love is strange like that.

We each have a path to take and lessons to learn. Who knows, perhaps that precious love will find us again. And when it does we'll have the patience, understanding and knowledge to keep it from straying away.

You see Brother, one can't truly appreciate something until they can distinguish from what it is they want, and what it is they need. Somewhere in the middle of wanting and needing is the appreciation that binds the two.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

Blessings sent to all journeying in 2024 so far
Chevron Dove wrote on cherryblossom's profile.
Sis Cherryblossom,
hoping that you are at peace where ever you may be.
Back