Black Relationships : Plea to all Lovers

creaBLACKtive

REGISTERED MEMBER
Feb 24, 2006
One of the great ironies in life is that the places of the most peace (perceived or actual). Can also be the sources of the blackest chaos. This is not Maury “are you my baby daddy”, material so if you’re looking for entertainment of that nature I wouldn’t suggest reading much further. This is a plea written to anyone who has been or is deeply in love.

I was a brother who had never really been in love. No great deal of experience in any area because I was waiting on something (although I didn’t know what). It was like I had to sneeze but couldn’t. Then I meet a person who made every nightmare petty, understood my every indiscretion and did not know the meaning of, nor use for unkind.

It’s been almost two years now since I meet this person. We have fought tooth and nail to be in one place together (We meet online She was in school in Texas, and I was in school in Tennessee). Now on the doorstep of our two anniversary we can’t even seem to get along. I feel as though we are so ungrateful that we are almost not deserving of the blessing we were so fortunate to receive in each other. It may seem contradictory but I almost feel like just letting the relationship go simply because if you can’t find it in yourself to be happy with a good thing then maybe you are misguided in thinking that it is for you.

Love is a wild animal not meant to be tamed by these cages and notions we give it. That is why I want to take the time to say if you have a person you love please don’t be like us. Love that person like the blessing that they are. I am not saying that you shouldn’t grow, or help that person to grow. Neither am I saying that you should sweep legitimate problems under the rug. However I am saying don’t let your relationship be defined by its shortcomings. Instead let it be defined by that wild animal that is love, unleashed, and grateful for it’s spirit. Love them........that’s it.

Hello creaBlacktive

Welcome to Destee Brother..Feel free to look around and interact you are among family...Enjoy

This is a quite interesting thread. You seem to be a bit of a romantic. You have let passion and pain spill on this webpage. If I can ask do you think it was love you had between yourself and your significant other? I say this because we often mistake passion or desire or lust for love.. Personally when looking for love the first place one should look is within ourselves. We must evaluate ourselves. Recognize our strengths and weaknesses to find a suitable compliment...Not every good person is meant for eachother...Just sharing....

Peace

Very good words indeed brother. You are right in what you say. You build your life from the inside out, but it was and is love. I barely saw her for two years because of the distance and the obligations of school and education, and not so much as touched another. I still love her with all my heart. She loves me as well. I am sure of it. The catch is that love does not stand alone. Believe me when I say that without the things that love elicits, love itself is nothing more then a fairy tale best left untold. Like a car with no place to go or a beautiful language with no one to speak to, love itself has no purpose but to sit and look the part. What I say is that love is no more then the sum of what love elicits. This is why I plead with all the lovers to appreciate and consciously love the person to whom they profess these feelings. Let that vehicle take you to a better place instead of arguing whose driving or which route to take.
I saw an old man and an old woman who could barely walk pushing a buggy together side by side once, but it wasn’t love. It’s what love is supposed to make you do.

creaBLACKtive said:
One of the great ironies in life is that the places of the most peace (perceived or actual). Can also be the sources of the blackest chaos. This is not Maury “are you my baby daddy”, material so if you’re looking for entertainment of that nature I wouldn’t suggest reading much further. This is a plea written to anyone who has been or is deeply in love.

I was a brother who had never really been in love. No great deal of experience in any area because I was waiting on something (although I didn’t know what). It was like I had to sneeze but couldn’t. Then I meet a person who made every nightmare petty, understood my every indiscretion and did not know the meaning of, nor use for unkind.

It’s been almost two years now since I meet this person. We have fought tooth and nail to be in one place together (We meet online She was in school in Texas, and I was in school in Tennessee). Now on the doorstep of our two anniversary we can’t even seem to get along. I feel as though we are so ungrateful that we are almost not deserving of the blessing we were so fortunate to receive in each other. It may seem contradictory but I almost feel like just letting the relationship go simply because if you can’t find it in yourself to be happy with a good thing then maybe you are misguided in thinking that it is for you.

Love is a wild animal not meant to be tamed by these cages and notions we give it. That is why I want to take the time to say if you have a person you love please don’t be like us. Love that person like the blessing that they are. I am not saying that you shouldn’t grow, or help that person to grow. Neither am I saying that you should sweep legitimate problems under the rug. However I am saying don’t let your relationship be defined by its shortcomings. Instead let it be defined by that wild animal that is love, unleashed, and grateful for it’s spirit. Love them........that’s it.

And don't you give up either boo:love:
Whatever brought you two together will keep you together.
The way you speak about her is so beautiful and unrehearsed.
You didn't disrespect her or put the blame soley on her and I have nothing but repsect for you.:love:
Love is so hard to find, if you feel you two have lost that ability it's only because you all have exhausted your possiblities.
Take a minute to breath,think,revaluate the wrongs and the rights.
Pray about it. If you and her feel like you have done all you can than you do what you know and feel is right.
Good luck baby!:love: :love: :love:

creaBLACKtive said:
Very good words indeed brother. You are right in what you say. You build your life from the inside out, but it was and is love. I barely saw her for two years because of the distance and the obligations of school and education, and not so much as touched another. I still love her with all my heart. She loves me as well. I am sure of it. The catch is that love does not stand alone. Believe me when I say that without the things that love elicits, love itself is nothing more then a fairy tale best left untold. Like a car with no place to go or a beautiful language with no one to speak to, love itself has no purpose but to sit and look the part. What I say is that love is no more then the sum of what love elicits. This is why I plead with all the lovers to appreciate and consciously love the person to whom they profess these feelings. Let that vehicle take you to a better place instead of arguing whose driving or which route to take.
I saw an old man and an old woman who could barely walk pushing a buggy together side by side once, but it wasn’t love. It’s what love is supposed to make you do.
welcome to the site.
love should fit into your life not your life fit into love.
if you are fortunate enough to be in school, that should be your focus.
get your education. get your career together.
think long term.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back