Pan-Africanism : pan-Africanism and relationships

panafrica said:
As I said before sister Pdiane, I actually do eat in the Senegalese places in 116th street. I am there at least every other weekend (usually eating brown rice & Lamb or Mafe Yap). There is no rift...that "article" greatly exaggerates the African & African American relationships in Harlem!
I know that's right Brother Panafrica!

Isaiah said:
African Prince, I'm gonna prop you for being worthy champion of your views, despite the fact that I have major disagreements with much of what you said. I admire you for hanging in there with amazing diplomatic grace, without resorting to Simbaesque-like inflammatory bombast... You deserv all of our respect for operating within true spirit of Pan Africanism....

Also, wanna prop all the family members for conducting ourselves with intelligence, eloquence, and wisdom of the highest order. I think we should never let the sun set on our disagreements with one another... Once foul moods and poisonous thoughts start to ferment, close the door, 'cause the dance is over... I'm proud, however, to "know" good folks from both sides in this debate emerged, and brought us to a higher plane...

Peace!
Isaiah

No doubt Brother Isaiah, we are blessed to have African Prince among us, for he speaks for many Afrakans from the Continent and he is telling us what we need to know.

Also, thank you for your compliments. You know you are all that and a peice of cake! Peace and Love.

Like I said before....and just to re-itterate...

Pan-Africanism isn't a necessity for me in a relationship.

It's all about the basics.

As long as the woman is black, clean, and feminine...she's alright with me.

If I can clearly see a woman is already black, she ain't gotta "prove" it to me with exteme talk and behavior.

But I do think Africans and AfroAmerican...as well as AfroCaribbeans of Anglo and Latino heritage should get to know on another more on a social level.

Too often people of color seem to only come together when white people bring us together under formal circumstances like work or education; and even then we get to know by accident or happen-stance.

wildchild510 said:
I was just wondering if anyone else felt the same way, but as a Black male I find it hard to find a female counter part who is as passionant about pan-africanism or just African people as a whole as I am. Im not saying that the sistas are not out their but it just seems like americanization has had a major effect on both male and female Black psyche. I was just wondering if anyone else wheither male or female found it hard to find someone that shares the same passion for the mother continent.
You live on the "mother" continent. Haven't you noticed?

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

TractorsPakistan.com is one of the leading tractor exporters from Pakistan to Africa and the Caribbean regions.
HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Back