Black People : Ok now this is crazy!

I wouldn't doubt that there would be a draft. This war will take years and years to clear up and America is already stretching the troops in Iraq beyond their capabilities. I never put anything past white America. Bush would institute and probably is for starting the draft because it will not affect him or his family and it is for a war that he started...so it's possible IMO.

PEOPLE BUSH IS NOT TRYING TO START A DRAFT

http://www.whitehouse.org/news/2002/123102.asp

PRESIDENT BUSH OPPOSES REP. CHARLES RANGEL'S PROPOSAL TO WEAKEN THE MILITARY BY
REINSTATING THE WHITE IVY LEAGUE DRAFT...

Please read to understand that this current administration is against the Democratic Draft Bill. He also stated last night in the debate he is against a draft.

Other anti-draft links:

The Kerry/Edwards Campiagn Opposes the draft:

http://www.usatoday.com/news/politicselections/nation/president/2004-09-15-edwards_x.htm

http://www.military.com/NewsContent/0,13319,FL_draft_070204,00.html

HOW CAN YOU PASS A DRAFT THAT BOTH THE INCUMBENT PRESIDENT AND PRESDIDENTIAL CANDIATE OPPPOSE????!?!?!?

People lets get right.
I am not trying to beat a dead horse here, but I hate too see my sisters and brothers so misinformed.

Please help me to understand...

To survive wars, America needs a stable working class at home while troops are in combat. Am I correct? Who will be left in the job market to pay the much needed taxes, particularly now that it's being proposed that women be drafted too? So-called "baby boomers"?

The current economy isn't healthy enough to establish a draft system, is it? How could America afford to unplug its working base out of the economic system to draft them into the military?

If the controversial draft Bill is inclusive of the "rich" as well as the working class, then maybe that could be one of the reasons why it isn't getting the support that the authors of the bill hoped for. Maybe.... :?:

If anyone saw Michael Moore's "Farenheit 911" documentary, it is somewhat obvious as to whose neighborhoods the military recruiters are setting up offices in--and they are NOT the 'burbs' or wealthy closed-gated communities.

It would be most interesting to see a statistical study that revealed the demographics of the current military, including rank of the soldiers. You think that might have some bearing on why the Rangle (a brother) bill is barely breathing? I would venture to say that some American citizens are thought by some people to be more expendable than others and that there are more of them than the wealthiest among them.

Look at the economic status of the Bush's and Kerry's....AND the age ranges of their children and family members. Is anyone really surprised that neither of these politicians would be supportive of a "draft" bill?

A draft system would cut into the American economy in ways that the US can't afford to risk. That's MHO. If the draft isn't about economics, then what is it about?

Queenie :spinstar:

NNQueen said:
..........Who will be left in the job market..........
job market? you're kidding,right?

the greatest problem in the "job market" is unemployment.
we have high unemployment at home.
we have a need for troops around the world.
so you just draft all the unemployed into the military.

this is not rocket science.

if Bush is elected, there will be a draft.

Queenie you got any clones that is about 23 to 26? I need a woman like yourself in my life.

Thank you for the extra analysis. It was really insightful and very eloquent.

I really think people need to study the science of poltics, it will stop folks from making emotionally charged statements about our political situation.

I am still trying to figure out, how all the supporters of this Idea that bush is going to start a draft. Overlook the fact that Bush and repubs run the country and that they can virtually pass any bill they want; thus, why have they not passed one?

AND IT JUST IRKS ME THAT THESE PEOPLE FORGET THAT CHARLIE RANGEL AND ERNEST HOLLINGS ARE DEOMCRATS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THEY ARE NOT REPULBICANS!!!!!

THEY ARE NO REPUBLICANS TRYING TO START A DRAFT!!!!!

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

TractorsPakistan.com is one of the leading tractor exporters from Pakistan to Africa and the Caribbean regions.
HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Back