African Traditional Religion : Odu Ifa discussion

aboru aboye. alaafia my brother. thanks for the upful vibes! well falokun set me straight on the esu odara question - i'm taking it to my oluwo as far as can he meke one for me or can i get falokun or someone else to do so.
your enthusiasm and interest inspire me to really seriously think about relocating to gv this year, especially as baba falokun's gonna be in florida in june and hopes to see us then. sweet.
looking to get some work here for a onth or so then probably will spend some time in gv to get my cna credentials upgraded. might probably stay once i can solve the housing deal. hope to hear from you soon.

Bro i sent u an email but it came back undeliverable. boricuaogun@yahoo.com
ire

aboru aboye. alaafia my brother. thanks for the upful vibes! well falokun set me straight on the esu odara question - i'm taking it to my oluwo as far as can he meke one for me or can i get falokun or someone else to do so.
your enthusiasm and interest inspire me to really seriously think about relocating to gv this year, especially as baba falokun's gonna be in florida in june and hopes to see us then. sweet.
looking to get some work here for a onth or so then probably will spend some time in gv to get my cna credentials upgraded. might probably stay once i can solve the housing deal. hope to hear from you soon.

Irosun-Osa

Ekuro orita meta
Cast divination for Orúnmìlà
On the day he was going to choose Ori in the ancient city of Ido
And he would choose his character at the Ejigbomekun market
They told him to perform sacrifice
When Orúnmìlà got to the city of Ido
He chose his Ori
But on the day one chooses ones’ Ori in Ido city
One must not go to the market (earth)
If one chooses ones Ori this year
It is the next year that one should proceed to the market of Ejigbomekun to choose ones’ character
Orunmila obeyed and chose his character the next year
But man would not listen to this advice when choosing their Ori and Character
Orunmila chose his Ori and also chose for man
Orunmila told them,” Be patient and on the day you choose your Ori do not go to the market”
Since it is only once that one chooses one’s Ori in life
During the next season
You can come back to the market
and choose your character.
Orúnmìlà then said,” Everything that’s good in life like having wealth, spouse, children, good health, and long life are what we refer to as character.”
If one decides or tries to choose the two together (Ori and Character) at once
One will end up losing the two
One has to choose Ori first
And later return to choose his character
Life pleased Orúnmìlà
And life will please humans
Orunmila was dancing and rejoicing
He was praising his Babalawo
His Babalawo was praising Ifa
He said it was as his Babalawo had said
Ekuro orita meta
Cast divination for Orúnmìlà
On the day he was going to choose an Ori in heaven
And he would choose his character in the world
It is Ela that has good character
Those that choose only Ori have no good character
It is only Ela that has good character
ase

Irosun Osa

In Irosu-Osa, fulfillment of potential leads to abundance. Or resistance to destiny leads to mental instability. Your choice. This Odu speaks to the importance of ebo in overcoming obstacles and to gain victory over one's enemies. Irosun is one of the odu that incarnates Sango. Osa incarnates Oya. That should give you an idea of what this odu is about.

Afefese-ori-igi-herehere, Efufuleleniiti-ewe-agbon-nikoronikoro
cast Ifa for Orunmila
he was asked to make ebo of a he-goat
in order to be victorious over his enemies
and overcome all obstacles
He heard and did the ebo
He achieved all his goals
with perseverence and good character
ase

Introduction

Aboru, Aboye, Abosise to all members of this forum,

I am an Awo Ifa initiated in Lagos Nigeria and a newbie to the Ifa Corpus. I am so pleased to have found this forum and the wealth of information it offers. Thank you to all the contributors. I am curious to know if anyone has Ese Ifa on Irosun Ogunda and Osa Ika my ita Odu.

I have some information, some of it I have to translate from Spanish to English, but I will be happy to post it and share with all.

I am located in the Washington, DC metro area. Anybody close by?

Ase O!
Okuniwa

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

TractorsPakistan.com is one of the leading tractor exporters from Pakistan to Africa and the Caribbean regions.
HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Back