African Traditional Religion : Odu Ifa: the ethical teachings, by Maulana Karenga

Awsome. Do you have Godchildren?

Incidentally, my mom used to live in new, orleans. She moved after the flood
I don't at the moment becuase i just moved back, i will have some soon. I have been in a spiritual trasition since before the flood. I might know your mother. Was she a mambo here in New Orleans?

I don't at the moment becuase i just moved back, i will have some soon. I have been in a spiritual trasition since before the flood. I might know your mother. Was she a mambo here in New Orleans?

No. My mom is strictly christian. As far as i know I'm the only Isese ( traditional African) priest in my family.

I was the one who raised this post to thank brother Omawalijabali for posting the ethical and moral values of our original religions, so now that you are here brother, maybe you can clear up a few things

Facts versus Opinions

1 Most Black folks aetheist, agnostic, Muslim, Christian, Hebrew, Kemetic,

have know in their past that the "Roots man" can get someone to forget a debt,
make someones wife leave their husband and come to them,
bring a child back to life,
put a hex on someone or "dress" someone for bad luck
give someone good luck to hit the number

now those are the facts about perceptions.

What are the Ethical and Moral factual aspects about Voodoo's basic benefit to everyone in the Black community,
and the encouragement of community development and collective upliftment?
Voodoo is a monotheistic religion. Followers of Vodou, known as Vodouisants, believe in a single, supreme godhead that can be equated with the Catholic God. This deity is known as Bondye.

Vodouisants also accept the exsistance of lesser beings, which they call loa or lwa, which is more us in day-to-day life(as opposed to Bondye, who is a remote figure). The lwa's are used either to possess a believer in a ritual or can be envoked for intercession, like the saints in the catholic church. Lwa's are said to live in the vilokan( a foresty land). Which is gaurded by the lwa Legba.

A root man has been envoked with all of the lwa's and has the powers through the lwa's and his ancestors to be able to help wiith betterment for others. hex's are not done unless you are willing to get back 10 fold what is being givin out.

Try getting a copy of "The handbook of Yoruba religious concepts" by Baba Ifa Karade. You can get it on amazon. It contains good instructions on not only how to pour libations, what words to use, what they mean and why its done.

This conversation on Vodou is interesting.

I decided to order "The handbook of Yoruba Religious Concepts" by Baba Ifa Karade and "The Quest for Spiritual Transformation: Introduction to Traditional Akan Religion, Rituals and Practices" by Nana Akua Kyerewaa Opokuwaa (http://www.afsani.org/nanakyerewaa/index2.htm)

Smart move? Will I miss out on Vodou? The decision is not final just yet.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back