Black People Politics : Obama, Empire, and Black America

In the Spirit of Sankofa,

... To make it clear, my comments about black unity had nothing to do with such unity happening within the present political party process, which seems to be your understanding. Quite the contrary, my comments about our unity deals from within the black community, exclusively.

Peace In,

I'm not speaking specifically in regards to your statements as much as I am reflecting on the words of Malcolm X who taught that the two parties are essentially the same and do not serve the interests of Black people.

I'm not speaking specifically in regards to your statements as much as I am reflecting on the words of Malcolm X who taught that the two parties are essentially the same and do not serve the interests of Black people.

In the Spirit of Sankofa,

... Good, and Malcolm X was right, the only problem with that is, the election of 2012 goes on, with or without us.

Peace In,

You are correct, and I gave you props for that. We are just caught in a situation where we have to pick the lesser of the two evils. And it's bad that the political world is based on "pay to play", and "get along, then go along" type mentality. To me,we are in a free for all and it seems that anything goes now.

The thing that get me most is the GOP act as if they will do any thing different when it comes to foreign policy.

Peace!

In the case of Libya it had nothing to do with Bush era politics. Obama had a personal axe to grind against Kadafi.

CTJ:

Even though I never liked the guy, his rants against those lazy monarchs were justified, since during one particular rant, one was actually picking his noise thru some of it...

I. e., he was just seen as a loose canon, with far less support among arab leaders, than was obvious when so many so called black activists etc. despaired over the fall of their 'adopted brother' and/or one time supporter (as in his dough)...

You wrote:

This is the area that Black people have a choice. What is more important. The security and development of Africa or the national interests of the American ruling elite.

Also time will reveal just how many progressive african and/or african american leaders are truly for the very idea of 'africa for the africans'

You wrote:

This is where the historic mission Fanon's talked about. Do we fulfill that mission and lobby the government in the best interests of Africa or do we betray that mission. Unfortunately, for the most part, it seems obvious most of us are choosing the latter.

CTJ:

I'll keep this in mind too...

FYI...

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

TractorsPakistan.com is one of the leading tractor exporters from Pakistan to Africa and the Caribbean regions.
HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Back