Black Sports : NFL player Junior Seau had brain disease CTE

As much as I love football, there has been enough coverage on the dangers to this point so to those that continue down the path with this knowledge in hand has to bear a lot of the responsibility of what may come in the future. Maybe the older retired players have a case to have an issue and a claim, but the evidence has been laid out there for recent players within at least the last 10 years.

If you listen to some ex-players they (the "some" I am talking about) still state that they knew of the risks and would still go out there and not change a thing in their mentality of the game. Football is a violent game, so to make it completely safe is to eliminate tackling and contact completely and on the real it ain't happening soon or even relatively soon. Most players know what they are potentially getting themselves into.

Dude, enough smoke and BS is blown up players butts to temp Jesus. Moreover, if you are important to the team, or game, you are lied to about the seriousness of injuries. This, especially in the heat of battle, whether you can make the playoffs or win a championship, is done quite often. Finally, this is not so much about the players of today. It is about the players of yesteryear, that didnt know anything. Dick Butkus didnt speak to the Bears for over 20 years because of that

The problem also lies with pension funding and long term care health plans. The question is do younger players want to chip in more money for retirement.

The big money came the last 20 years. What about the thousands of guys that played and were injured in the decades before? Those are the ones that these suits are about, really

Dude, enough smoke and BS is blown up players butts to temp Jesus. Moreover, if you are important to the team, or game, you are lied to about the seriousness of injuries. This, especially in the heat of battle, whether you can make the playoffs or win a championship, is done quite often. Finally, this is not so much about the players of today. It is about the players of yesteryear, that didnt know anything. Dick Butkus didnt speak to the Bears for over 20 years because of that

If you read my post you would have seen that I stated the older retired players should have claim. I was just addressing the players of recent years and the sport of football in general. If you want the sport as safe as possible then take the tackling out of it and have them wear flags, but we all know that ain't gonna fly. And when I stated about some ex-players stating of knowing risks and still would go through the grind that was not made up. I hear it on sports talk shows of former players turned analyst. As a matter of fact I recently heard Tedy Bruschi state that even after he had a stroke he couldn't stay away and that football players are a "different breed" and that "different breed" talk is echoed amongst some players when it comes to this topic or injury topics in general. You heard it before, "Play through the pain", "Rub some dirt on it and get back out there", etc.

So in conclusion there was really nothing for you to counter from my post given your reply.

If you read my post you would have seen that I stated the older retired players should have claim. I was just addressing the players of recent years and the sport of football in general. If you want the sport as safe as possible then take the tackling out of it and have them wear flags, but we all know that ain't gonna fly. And when I stated about some ex-players stating of knowing risks and still would go through the grind that was not made up. I hear it on sports talk shows of former players turned analyst. As a matter of fact I recently heard Tedy Bruschi state that even after he had a stroke he couldn't stay away and that football players are a "different breed" and that "different breed" talk is echoed amongst some players when it comes to this topic or injury topics in general. You heard it before, "Play through the pain", "Rub some dirt on it and get back out there", etc.

So in conclusion there was really nothing for you to counter from my post given your reply.

Yes football players are all a little crazy. And the league encourages that craze. Which is why growth hormones aren being tested for. We will dicover a lot of collusion on things as this continues.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

TractorsPakistan.com is one of the leading tractor exporters from Pakistan to Africa and the Caribbean regions.
HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Back