Black Sports : Rams Make Michael Sam First Openly Gay Player Drafted in NFL

Discussion in 'Black Sports' started by jamesfrmphilly, May 10, 2014.

1. jamesfrmphilly

jamesfrmphilly going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    retired computer geek
    Ratings:
    +13,745
    [​IMG]

The St. Louis Rams picked Missouri defensive lineman Michael Sam today, making him the first openly gay player to be drafted in the NFL.

The announcement by NFL Vice President of Game Operations Mike Kensil was greeted with boisterous cheers from the crowd at Radio City Music Hall, where the draft was held.

Rams coach Jeff Fisher didn't deny that the pick was historic, but indicated it was about talent.

"In a world of diversity we live in, I am honored to be a part of this," Fisher told ESPN.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/michael-sam-openly-gay-player-drafted-nfl/story?id=23667100

2. I'm Becoming Me

I'm Becoming Me Well-Known Member MEMBER

Lover & Fighter...
    Ratings:
    +1,219
    Congratulations!

There's always a first time for everything.

He's not the only gay one in the NFL, just the first openly gay one.

3. JuneBugg

JuneBugg Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +247
    I posted and then I deleted it. I will say this. Michael Sam did not do any favors for the gay community in that display of effeminate stereotypes. Michael Sam could have been a good ambassador in helping people see that gays aren't all flamboyant, effeminate and looking to shove the gay lifestyle down peoples throats. I worked with some gay guys and did not know they were gay until someone told me so I know they all don't act like that. And then ESPN shows extremely flamboyantly gay men in a gay bar hopping and jumping. LOL I'm sorry it was funny. Michael Sam kissing his boyfriend five, six times, I had one hand over my eye and looking with the other. They smeared white cake in each other's mouths like they just got married, it was a way overreaction, like he just won millions in a mega lotto, he was picked next to last in the whole draft. It was like wow I never seen anything like that before. I'm a big NFL fan and I feel bad for Ram fans, I bet many of them are hoping Sam does not make the team after the way he carried on with his sweet boyfriend.

4. I'm Becoming Me

I'm Becoming Me Well-Known Member MEMBER

Lover & Fighter...
    Ratings:
    +1,219
    No comment..lol!

...except not everyone wants to be shoved in the closet because someone else is uncomfortable with something that has nothing to do with them.

He probably does not like seeing heterosexuals kissing in public.

I feel bad for those who think they should somehow feel bad about someone's else perfectly happy life. Let the man play a game he loves and focus in on that because nobody can change his life outside the field.

5. Omowale Jabali

Omowale Jabali The Cosmic Journeyman PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Creative Industrialist
    Ratings:
    +9,585
    Why is this news? Who cares? Does he have the talent to make it in the NFL?

6. CSmith

CSmith Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +213
    It's only news because conservatives and religious people fight hard to keep them from being who they are. If they had all the same rights as regular people and weren't stigmatized by society there would be no news.

7. jamesfrmphilly

jamesfrmphilly going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    retired computer geek
    Ratings:
    +13,745
    so let's se if he can play in the NFL......

8. CSmith

Ratings:
    +213
    There's nothing wrong with gay people being who they are at any time, whether they're "effeminate" or not. Is not the covering of your eyes an overreaction?

This man has so many burdens on him simply because of who he is. I feel he has every right to react in that way; it's very human.

I hear this "down peoples throats" line quote often. Why is everything they do being shoved down our throats, but no attention is paid when the reverse is true? Some things you just have to eat, then get over it.

9. JuneBugg

JuneBugg Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +247
    I'm not going to go back and forth on this subject but I hear you. But I think what I said was balanced and fair.

10. CSmith

Ratings:
    +213
    Fair and balanced? Where have I heard that before? It sounds very familiar.:thinking: