Black Sports : NFL player Junior Seau had brain disease CTE

they have the worst union and retirement/medical plan in sports their retired players say.

Well, you only play for an average of 4 years

right not saying that i have the answer,but many players play for longer,and if so many players complain then there must be a problem.

It is a violent sport. There is no way around the long term injuries. Especially, with the advent of astro turf. Which is little more than carpeted cement. Thus my original statement. The NFL is going to have to set aside a billion or so dollars a year, for the next several years to handle this problem

As much as I love football, there has been enough coverage on the dangers to this point so to those that continue down the path with this knowledge in hand has to bear a lot of the responsibility of what may come in the future. Maybe the older retired players have a case to have an issue and a claim, but the evidence has been laid out there for recent players within at least the last 10 years.

If you listen to some ex-players they (the "some" I am talking about) still state that they knew of the risks and would still go out there and not change a thing in their mentality of the game. Football is a violent game, so to make it completely safe is to eliminate tackling and contact completely and on the real it ain't happening soon or even relatively soon. Most players know what they are potentially getting themselves into.

It is a violent sport. There is no way around the long term injuries. Especially, with the advent of astro turf. Which is little more than carpeted cement. Thus my original statement. The NFL is going to have to set aside a billion or so dollars a year, for the next several years to handle this problem

The problem also lies with pension funding and long term care health plans. The question is do younger players want to chip in more money for retirement.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

TractorsPakistan.com is one of the leading tractor exporters from Pakistan to Africa and the Caribbean regions.
HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Back