Black People : My Sister is Marrying a White Man

MenNefer said:
As an extension of your analogy (and also being mindful that it is “just an analogy” to demonstrate an idea) We are both in jail already. It is not whether I would visit her, it is whether I would openly participate in a ritual or ceremony that reinforces the idea ( via ART and RELIGION) that both of us should stay in jail. My support should not be contingent on whether I celebrate "JAILNESS" with her. If I start compromising or making concessions for various acts of injustice then I could be setting myself up to be confused about why and how I should be interacting with non-white and white people (who practice RWS as well) in this system. My interactions with my family should be just as constructive and impersonal as my interactions with all people in this system being that I came in and will go out of this system alone. If I conclude that interacting with you is no longer constructive (in one of the areas of people activity) I am not going to be somewhere twiddling my thumbs wondering if your feelings are hurt or whether you feel supported by me. I will be trying to involve myself in an activity that is constructive. My approach is hit and miss; but attending a “ceremony” where a White (suspect) and non-white are attempting marriage to bear more confused people in a system of injustice appears to be a *TYPE of support* and not *support* itself. If we always supported people the way that THEY want to be supported (especially in a prison) we would probably whined up supporting the very tenants of the prison.

But you are right, regardless of the dialogue ….it is still my decision to make and in making that decision the best thing to do is not lie to myself. (be comfortable in my ignorance for the moment)

This is why I will go to the oracles :em3600:
Sounds like you've got a plan. Good luck!

:kiss2:
Keita said:
You know, let me put it like this. Back in the day before I was ever consciously conscious...I was conscious enough to know that me and white people didn't have anything in common except that we eat, sleep, poop and breath the same air. I have 5 brothers and one sister. Now me and my second youngest brother was like two peas in a pod from the time we were 7 or 8 years old and we continued to be like that until I was 31. So when I was 31 he was 28. Because I was in the entertainment business from like 23 to 31 I was often on the road and we didn't see much of each other. But one day he knocked at my door and I opened it to let him in. After he came in I shut the door.

He said to me; "Bro, my baby and my wife are in back of me". I said, "I'm sorry, I didn't know anybody was with you"...so I opened the door back up...and lo and behold, there was this white woman standing there holding her little white baby. I said; "Who the phuuuk is that!?" He said; "Oh, that's my wife, Elizabeth and that's my baby". I told him; " listen bro, you're welcome to come in and stay but they can't come in my house....now I don't know how we gone do this but they can't come in". He said; "Well if they can't come in I'm not coming in either". I looked at him, looked at her, looked at the baby and said; "No, what you do is get the hell out, take your white woman and your brat with you and don't come back here as long as you are with them".

That was over 21 years ago and I've had as you can tell, a lot of time to reflect on that day, my relationship with my brother who was my heart and where I am as a person now. I understand more today than I did back then that " I lost my brother 21 years ago"....not because of what I did but because of what he did. I realize that he had plenty of time and opportunity to reach out to me to at least TRY and EXPLAIN or TRY and UNDERSTAND why I said what I said or how I felt....but he didn't. As it turned out, I was not the only one in that box. He could not take her or his brat over my other brothers or sisters house either. grandma or pa wasn't having it either and he darn sure couldn't bring her back to the hood where we was raised.

So instead he moved to Pennsylvania with her. She was from some type of Omish community or something. Now, why did I write this.

I wrote this because I understand now what I did not understand way back then on a conscious level. I understand that even in my ignorance back then that I still had a value about myself or our people that I was not crossing the line on and I really have no regrets about my decision I made....and it's obvious that he doesn't have any either since he has never tried to communicate with the rest of his family...meaning that he has chosen the white woman over us all.

There's a lot that goes with this. He has given his heart to the white woman and with it, his mind....and with that, his loyalty...and with that, his life.

I LOST MY BROTHER 21 YEARS AGO!!!...does it still hurt? Yes it does, but not half as much as it would hurt me to turn my back on everything I know to be true just for him and her.

I wish you well with your demons of choice, not them but you....cause in the end it is yourself that you will have to live with and for and through...not them. I wish you well whatever your decision is and may you be at peace with it. I understand that it's impossible for you to support your sister out of love inside of yourself without also supporting him and that's where the internal conflict comes in...and I really feel for you in this scenario because it's obvious that you also have other family pressures on you as it regards this issue.

****! You actually did that??? Kudos!! :kiss2:

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

TractorsPakistan.com is one of the leading tractor exporters from Pakistan to Africa and the Caribbean regions.
HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Back