Black Education / Schools : MESSAGE TO THE PEOPLE THE COURSE OF AFRICAN PHILOSOPHY BY MARCUS GARVEY

One-Hundredd

REGISTERED MEMBER
Aug 1, 2019
Occupation
Scholar/Musician/Artist
This thread we'll be sharing both the YouTube videos supporting the playlist of Marcus Garvey's book Message To The People: The Course Of African Philosopy. And The link to the book for an open read is available in this post In This Thread we will hold discussions about this book and I will also break down in detail various commentary on each lesson of the course. There will also be cross referencing as well as modern citations which complements some of the contents of the Lessons. This Course was the most important course into knowledge of self, social behavior, and cultural progression as a people. This was a solution presented through a series of Lessons to combat the Mis-education suffered by our people as Carter G. Woodson assessed in The Mis-education Of The Negro in 1933. Garvey's Lessons Course appeared just 4 years after reading Woodson's book, and he dubbed this course A New Way To Education. It is probably our true liberation and our true understanding to how we advance as a people.

]

I was around 11 yr old when I read that book, one of the first 10 books I read, My close friend uncle had just died in a plane crash, he was the wealthiest man I knew at the time and he lived with a house full of beautiful women I went over there having known about his library of books to have a feast for my eyes...saw two books I could not leave without....borrowed then both with the intention of never returning them, My friend saw me with them but did not realize I had two...This dude never read abook unless it was for school but he badgered me for months to return the book so I did.... came back a month later to borrow it he has no idea what become of it.......I still have the other book to this day...never knew it was written by tony martin I read several of his books
Thanks thanks thanks.
GOTTA GET ME ONE

I was around 11 yr old when I read that book, one of the first 10 books I read, My close friend uncle had just died in a plane crash, he was the wealthiest man I knew at the time and he lived with a house full of beautiful women I went over there having known about his library of books to have a feast for my eyes...saw two books I could not leave without....borrowed then both with the intention of never returning them, My friend saw me with them but did not realize I had two...This dude never read abook unless it was for school but he badgered me for months to return the book so I did.... came back a month later to borrow it he has no idea what become of it.......I still have the other book to this day...never knew it was written by tony martin I read several of his books
Thanks thanks thanks.
GOTTA GET ME ONE

How I discovered The Course Of African Philosophy is through reading the volume Marcus Garvey Life and Lessons: A Centennial Companion to the Marcus Garvey and Universal Negro Improvement Association Papers. I had bought the book in 2015 and found out late it included the lessons within the volume. Prior to that I only saw the book on Google in blue coloring with Garvey's face on it. I always knew how important the lessons were but didn't realize how deep they were until I reread them and studied back and forth from an African standpoint.

Thanks thanks thanks.
GOTTA GET ME ONE
And you welcome brother.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

TractorsPakistan.com is one of the leading tractor exporters from Pakistan to Africa and the Caribbean regions.
HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Back