Law Forum : Martin Luther King's children battling over estate

Note: Eye do not expect you to have answers on an issue that is outside your scope. Yet eye wonder if this type of publicity would be going on if Coretta was "still alive". My answer is not!

All good points, to which I certainly have no answers except from what I've read and posted about the King family. For example, this is telling if true:

"Martin Luther King Jr. was assassinated in 1968. His widow, Coretta Scott King, died in 2006.

The King children have profited from their father's legacy. In 2006, Sotheby's auctioned off 10,000 documents from their collection for $32 million, with the siblings receiving equal shares of the proceeds.

They also haven't shied from legal battles that push their family disputes into the public eye.

Garrow said King's Bible should go to a museum or somewhere it can be seen by everyone."

... Exactly, which is why I pointed to 2006 in red, not only do I agree with you, but this makes the point:

"Martin Luther King Jr. was assassinated in 1968. His widow, Coretta Scott King, died in 2006.

The King children have profited from their father's legacy. In 2006, Sotheby's auctioned off 10,000 documents from their collection for $32 million, with the siblings receiving equal shares of the proceeds."

Clearly, all of this started after the death of Coretta ...

Note: Eye do not expect you to have answers on an issue that is outside your scope. Yet eye wonder if this type of publicity would be going on if Coretta was "still alive". My answer is not!

Dexter Scott King puts his Malibu retreat up for sale

450x253

Dexter Scott King, the second son of Martin Luther King Jr., has listed a Malibu house for sale at $4.85 million. (Marc Angeles / Unlimited Style Real Estate Photography)

King, 54, is chairman of the King Center in Atlanta and the author of “Growing Up King: An Intimate Memoir.” The civil rights advocate played his father in the 2002 TV movie “The Rosa Parks Story.”

He bought the property in 2006 for $4.16 million, public records show.

http://www.latimes.com/business/rea...hotprop-dexter-scott-king-20150130-story.html

900x506

Dispute over MLK Bible, Nobel prize headed for mediation

ATLANTA (AP) — A legal battle over the Rev. Martin Luther King Jr.'s traveling Bible and 1964 Nobel Peace Prize is headed for court-ordered mediation, and lawyers for both sides said Wednesday they hope for a lasting resolution to issues that have long divided the civil rights icon's heirs ...

http://news.yahoo.com/dispute-over-mlk-bible-nobel-prize-headed-mediation-142558301.html

Former President Carter mediating dispute between Martin Luther King heirs

... Carter, who is 91 and undergoing treatment for cancer that has spread to his brain, said in a statement he was optimistic about his work with King's children. He met with them on Monday at the Carter Center in Atlanta ...

http://news.yahoo.com/former-president-carter-mediating-dispute-between-martin-luther-132118155.html

2015-10-06T132118Z_1_LYNXNPEB950NF_RTROPTP_2_USA-SHOOTING-SOUTH-CAROLINA.JPG

Human rights activist Martin Luther King III acknowledges the crowd as he arrives for funeral services for the Rev. Clementa Pinckney in Charleston South Carolina June 26, 2015. REUTERS/Brian Snyder

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

TractorsPakistan.com is one of the leading tractor exporters from Pakistan to Africa and the Caribbean regions.
HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Back