Law Forum : 18 Black men arrested for Drug Trafficking in Augusta Georgia. What would Nino Brown say?

asmith161718

REGISTERED MEMBER
Dec 31, 2009
18 black men and 1 woman arrested for drug trafficking in Augusta, Georgia according to the Augusta Chronicles. The Chronicle said that they were specifically targeted because of the rise of gang violence. I understand the horrible rise of violence in the Black communities especially with some many young Rappers getting shot and killed over nothing but this case is still kind of sad when you consider that Augusta is kind of a small town. 18 black men off the streets for 10 or more years. This will probably affect their community in some kind of way.

At the end of New Jack City Nino Brown said that the drugs do not come from our community. The Black community do not have poppy fields and do not make cocaine. This is so true. Cocaine comes from all the way down in Peru, Columbia and other South American countries. So are they saying that these guys from Augusta went all the way to South America and carried the drugs across the border and into Augusta? Probably not. Which is why I say that charging Black people with trafficking cocaine from South America is inequitable and probably racist. the farmers that grow the coca leaf which they sell to the drug dealers down in Peru do not get arrested at all. The coca leaves which are processed for cocaine can be used for other things like tea and for a stimulate but mostly they are grown and harvested four days a year. However I feel bad for the farmers because often times they are dirt poor and basically can only make a living harvesting this crop. According to France24.com the farmers in the Peru Valley are under the gun of communist Guerillas forces.

18 black men and 1 woman arrested for drug trafficking in Augusta, Georgia according to the Augusta Chronicles. The Chronicle said that they were specifically targeted because of the rise of gang violence. I understand the horrible rise of violence in the Black communities especially with some many young Rappers getting shot and killed over nothing but this case is still kind of sad when you consider that Augusta is kind of a small town. 18 black men off the streets for 10 or more years. This will probably affect their community in some kind of way.

At the end of New Jack City Nino Brown said that the drugs do not come from our community. The Black community do not have poppy fields and do not make cocaine. This is so true. Cocaine comes from all the way down in Peru, Columbia and other South American countries. So are they saying that these guys from Augusta went all the way to South America and carried the drugs across the border and into Augusta? Probably not. Which is why I say that charging Black people with trafficking cocaine from South America is inequitable and probably racist. the farmers that grow the coca leaf which they sell to the drug dealers down in Peru do not get arrested at all. The coca leaves which are processed for cocaine can be used for other things like tea and for a stimulate but mostly they are grown and harvested four days a year. However I feel bad for the farmers because often times they are dirt poor and basically can only make a living harvesting this crop. According to France24.com the farmers in the Peru Valley are under the gun of communist Guerillas forces.

Peace and Blessings @asmith161718 ... thanks for sharing.

I agree with all that you've shared.

I googled the story and found this video on it :

It's interesting, in 2019 there was a like story in the area :

And again in 2020 :

Seems the focus of criminality is at the bottom, where the black people reside.

Much Love and Peace.

:heart:

Destee

Hi Brother @jamesfrmphilly ... the news says it was more than marijuana :

Authorities executed 18 search warrants and seized 1.29 kilograms of cocaine, 5.33 ounces of methylenedioxy-methamphetamine (MDMA), 3.65 ounces of methamphetamine, 8.11 ounces of marijuana, 43 oxycodone pills, six alprazolam (Xanax) pills, nine firearms, seven vehicles and $50,174. Federal and state indictments will be sought against all 19 suspects who range in age from 21 to 61 years old.

:heart:

Destee

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back