Science and Technology : Just how much of our science and technology is faked

LOL

I worked for Panasonic in the 70's.

One technician zapped himself with a microwave. He was laid out on the floor when we found him. Now I own a Panasonic combo micrwave/convection oven. But no reliability data though.
Yeh it's funny if one manages to live through it.
Those caps. can and do kill.

Don't know what part you played within Panasonic but if it was in the engineering dept. you know where to find that 'book' of reliability data for each individual component of the oven all the way to the gauge of the wire to each component and how that gauge and the connections/connecters effects the life cycle of every down stream device it feeds.
How one could condense that 'book' into a single graph of any kind that would be meaningful for the general public consumer is well beyond me. After all they throw away perfectly good units for the most minor of reasons.

LOL

I worked for Panasonic in the 70's.

One technician zapped himself with a microwave. He was laid out on the floor when we found him. Now I own a Panasonic combo micrwave/convection oven. But no reliability data though.

The next game changer 'machine' I'm looking at waiting for it to mature and into the larger public sphere is the induction method of heating. It stands to displace both gas and the very old fashioned electric coil/resistor type of cooking and heating.

Don't know what part you played within Panasonic but if it was in the engineering dept. you know where to find that 'book' of reliability data for each individual component of the oven all the way to the gauge of the wire to each component and how that gauge and the connections/connecters effects the life cycle of every down stream device it feeds.
At the time I was just an electronics technician repairing their products at one of the many repair centers they must have had around the country. It was educational in seeing the huge variation in quality of products from a single company. At the time I had not heard of MTBF or Bathtub Curves but I could see how stuff broke. The same model of product breaking in the same way 40 to 60% of the time was curious. What would happen if they stopped the annual redesign of products but eliminated the flaws?

The rotating joint in that garbage broke constantly. Making stuff like that for kids is ridiculous. But back then the world population was still below 4 billion with no Pacific Garbage Patch.

Last edited:
RISC-V 2023

The Intel x86 architecture is kind of obsolete because it has compatibility with 16-bits back to the 1970s. Linux did not exist back then.

It would be really amusing for Africa to go all Linux+RISC-V.

Last edited:

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

TractorsPakistan.com is one of the leading tractor exporters from Pakistan to Africa and the Caribbean regions.
HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Back