Black People : Just a question from a brother…

pfa1451usa said:
Who is dominating you? Are you confined to your residence? Are you unable to seek work, find potable water, no electricity? Are you allowed to vote? Who defines where you live? Is there a tether on your leg, someone monitoring your movements...?

Domination is a state of mind, until anyone invades my privacy, forces entry into my domain, and subjects my children or myself to physical servitude I won't buy into it. As a matter of fact I shall feel but a little a pity when I pull the trigger regardless of their ethnic heritage.

The argument is as old as our struggle here, if you feel dominated I feel sorry for you because you ultimately confess the "man" owns you and you kowtow to him...sorry doesn't work for me...love my freedom, not willing to give it up to such a trivial and obviously futile mind game...
the greatest trick the devil ever pulled was to convince people that he did inot exist........:grin:

MississippiRed wrote: Maybe it's me and maybe I oversimplify things but when to me when something or someone is dominated they take the subordinate position and accept their role because they know there is no hope..it's like admitting defeat..........so when some tells me we are dominated and in the same breath says we have to raise our children to be ready for battle it doesn't make sense........in order for one to dominate the other has to be submissive.......I respect your point I just don't agree

It's all good Red. I respect your point also. We all just learnin here.

youngblackceo said:
Brother to admit that you are dominated is not a call to your defeat.
How will you begin to stratgies and develop concepts that could put you in a position to defeat the ones who dominate you if you never come into realization of the fact that you are dominated?
In order for your mind to visualize a world in which you wish to have. You must first construct in your mind the real barriers that have been construct in the real world to impede any real progress.
In fact to neglect are to pretend that those real barriers does not exist in the world. It is more defeatist and will cause the people who chose not to deal with their reality out of fear. More problems then the ones who are willing to look their reality head on and look forward to that challenge.

To pretend that you are not dominated as a group by using your own personal situation is pointless.
I ask some very simple questions and no one has responded back to them with any real answers.

I spoke about Katrina because that situation is a prime example of how we as a people are still so vunerable to mass destruction.
In the year 2006 we could not protect are defend ourselves as a people.
The fact that we don't have the technology are a plan to save our people in the face of a natural disaster are if another people decide to wipe us out speaks diectly to the fact that we have no real power as a group.
We can't continue to deny this fact.
Who cares if you have food to sustain yourself personally if something went down.
How is that going to save you if another people is hunting all us of down to destroy us.
If you don't want to believe that we are in a position of complete vunerbility.
How will you develop the means to get you and our people in the position of self reliability?

Black people today all over this world is not in this position simply because we don't want to take responsibility for ourselves.
I ask you this when we decide to take on this responsibility for our situation.
Is that simply suggestion going to save us are get us out of this position of vunerability? No! because there is a serious threat to our community and simply getting our so-called act together is not going to dissuade that threat.

I see what your saying and respect your opinion I just don't see it........maybe I look at things with that "me first attitude" no not maybe I do tend to look at things that way without taking the whole view into question but that's the only way I see things working....if each Black person, man or woman understands that they have a certain responsiblity to prepare themselves for self preservation then we as a whole can be saved.......it's been proven we can't count of others to save us and we as a whole can't or won't either so all you have to depend on is self......Now if each of us becomes independant as such wouldn't that make the whole body stronger (the internet makes it hard to really communicate at times)......in Katrina for example if each of those families had an exit strategy out of the city because they realized they couldn't rely on outside help .........
I was raised to understand from an early age that I and my family couldn't depend on anyone but us.......not the neighbors,friends,or the gov't.....and that's still how I live my life today........but to me when I've been dominated that means I've been beaten and made submissive and subordinate and I refuse to ever do that.............

Respectfully

MississippiRed

MississippiRed said:
Maybe it's me and maybe I oversimplify things but when to me when something or someone is dominated they take the subordinate position and accept their role because they know there is no hope..it's like admitting defeat..........so when some tells me we are dominated and in the same breath says we have to raise our children to be ready for battle it doesn't make sense........in order for one to dominate the other has to be submissive.......I respect your point I just don't agree

MississippiRed
in your opinion, do the Israelis "dominate" the Palestinians?

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

TractorsPakistan.com is one of the leading tractor exporters from Pakistan to Africa and the Caribbean regions.
HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Back