destee.com
destee.com
Jan 22, 2001
betwixt and between
destee.com
Occupation
Website Consultant
Peace and Blessings Family,

I've been putting in some job applications, as I'm unemployed and struggling to keep our home alive, lights on, all of that.

In the course of doing this, on some applications I found the following race designations and was a bit perplexed.

Apparently, you are white if you're from North Africa?! Now, all the rest of Africa, makes you Black. What immediately came to mind, when I saw this, was one of Brother OldSoul's classes where he talked about how we should be able to choose any area in Africa as our own, since we are descendants of those enslaved, stolen from their lands, with no records, or evidence tying us back to our original, specific homeland in Africa. So, according to that, if I choose North Africa, then I'm white'?! :eeek:

Who has made this great determination, that coming from this certain area in Africa, automatically means you're white? Was there a meeting on this? Did yall get the memo? I know so little about most things, I'm thinking, I'm the only one that was left out of the loop. Did yall know this already? How did it come to be?

Below, in blue, are the race designations the application actually provided :

Question 1 - Ethnicity

Are you Hispanic or Latino?

No, not Hispanic or Latino
Yes, Hispanic or Latino

A person of Cuban, Mexican, Puerto Rican, South or Central American, or other Spanish culture or origin, regardless of race.

Question 2 - Race

What is your race?
Please select one of the following categories that best describes your racial background.

Native Hawaiian or Other Pacific Islander

A person having origins in any of the peoples of Hawaii, Guam, Samoa, or other Pacific Islands.

Asian

A person having origins in any of the original peoples of the Far East, Southeast Asia, or the Indian Subcontinent, including, for example, Cambodia, China, India, Japan, Korea, Malaysia, Pakistan, the Philippine Islands, Thailand, and Vietnam.

Black or African American

A person having origins in any of the Black racial groups of Africa.

American Indian or Alaska Native

A person having origins in any of the original peoples of North and South American (including Central America), and who maintains tribal affiliation or community attachment.

White

A person having origins in any of the original peoples of Europe, the Middle East, or North Africa.

Multiracial (Two or more races.)

Select this option if you are of multiple racial backgrounds.

Primary Race: Native Hawaiian or Other Pacific Islander Asian Black or African American American Indian or Alaska Native White

Do not wish to disclose

Secondary Race: Native Hawaiian or Other Pacific Islander Asian Black or African American American Indian or Alaska Native White

Do not wish to disclose

Select this option if you prefer not to disclose your race.

Talk to me Family, how they get to take a whole part of Africa, and make it white?

Much Love and Peace.

:heart:

Destee

I've been putting in some job applications, as I'm unemployed and struggling to keep our home alive, lights on, all of that.

In the course of doing this, on some applications I found the following race designations and was a bit perplexed.

Apparently, you are white if you're from North Africa?! Now, all the rest of Africa, makes you Black. What immediately came to mind, when I saw this, was one of Brother OldSoul's classes where he talked about how we should be able to choose any area in Africa as our own, since we are descendants of those enslaved, stolen from their lands, with no records, or evidence tying us back to our original, specific homeland in Africa. So, according to that, if I choose North Africa, then I'm white'?! :eeek:

Who has made this great determination, that coming from this certain area in Africa, automatically means you're white? Was there a meeting on this? Did yall get the memo? I know so little about most things, I'm thinking, I'm the only one that was left out of the loop. Did yall know this already? How did it come to be?

Question 1 - Ethnicity

Yes, Hispanic or Latino

A person of Cuban, Mexican, Puerto Rican, South or Central American, or other Spanish culture or origin, regardless of race.

Question 2 - Race

What is your race?
Please select one of the following categories that best describes your racial background.

A person having origins in any of the peoples of Hawaii, Guam, Samoa, or other Pacific Islands.

Asian

A person having origins in any of the original peoples of the Far East, Southeast Asia, or the Indian Subcontinent, including, for example, Cambodia, China, India, Japan, Korea, Malaysia, Pakistan, the Philippine Islands, Thailand, and Vietnam.

A person having origins in any of the original peoples of North and South American (including Central America), and who maintains tribal affiliation or community attachment.

White

A person having origins in any of the original peoples of Europe, the Middle East, or North Africa.

Primary Race: Native Hawaiian or Other Pacific Islander Asian Black or African American American Indian or Alaska Native White

Do not wish to disclose

Secondary Race: Native Hawaiian or Other Pacific Islander Asian Black or African American American Indian or Alaska Native White

Do not wish to disclose

Talk to me Family, how they get to take a whole part of Africa, and make it white?

Much Love and Peace.

Destee
I don't mean to laugh but I realy craked up with this, as Langston Hughes called it "Mr Backlash"
revisionist history crap they put on the application,
cause if one travels to Europe the Sicilians, many Italians, the Basques of Spain, and Greeks, get tiked off mad fast if you call them White, but get different when they come here.

Now folks when they get here
the Arabs don't like to be called White and
the Yemenites and Morrocans not only do not like to be called White but they don't want to be called Arab either, they concider themselves Africans, and I guess the Brown race as we used to say in the 60s about Asiatics.
Most of my Indain supervisors and mangers were real...... well any way,
they concidered themselves Black,
and the funny thing is and no disrespect to anyone in the Destee family,
my mail lady is as dark as me, straightens her hair, and claims she is First American another words Red but not Black(native American) and her ancestry has nothing to do with Africa.

In the Spirit of Sankofa and Truth!

Question 1 - Ethnicity

Yes, Hispanic or Latino

Question 2 - Race

What is your race?

Asian

White

Do not wish to disclose

Do not wish to disclose

Much Love and Peace.

Destee

Sister Destee,

If you are seriously interested in what happened to North Africa, then here is a link that should shed some light. Please don't hesitate to contact me with further questions:

http://destee.com/forums/showpost.php?p=510075&postcount=775

The answer you are seeking begins to come in under this portion of the post:

Yes, it is about time!​

I was just having this discussion with someone the other day. I don't think Morroccons or Berbers and Touregs call themselves white, but when you watch documentary's about these people, the White Britishman who is hosting the documentary, will tell the viewers that these people call themselves white.

My thing is, he is telling the viewers this as if viewers should take his word for it. What that tells me is, if the host keeps telling this to the viewers, it will get to a point where, if Toureg, Morrocon and North Africans period, will begin to believe that they are somehow white. I don't believe everything that comes out of the mouth of the host hosting these documentaries, particularly if there is no trusted interpetator present and even then, one still has to look out for propaganda.

However, the present day North African Tunisian and Egyptians, they do look white in color but here is the thing. Morroco, Tunisian and Egypt were all colonized by Europeans, such as the Turkish, French, Spaniards, Romans and the Greeks. North Africa along the egde or coastal parts is much like America in that, one can no longer see the original people in these places, all one can see is the people who descend from their colonizing ancestors. It looks like African countries located on the edges of the African continent,suffer complete take over by white people. Who knows what the people of South Africa will look like in a few years. I think most of the people who get tired of seeing their country get taken over, flee into the interiors of Africa, like most of the original Moroccons, Tunisans and even Egyptians fleed into the West and Eastern parts of Africa. If you look at the present day people of Egypt, Morroco, and Tunisia, they look like a blend of their colonizers with a small pinch of African and Arab.

North Africa, Morrocaon women.

For some reason, the Morrocan men look a little darker, maybe it's the lighting. (shrugs)

Egyptians on Candid Camera.

I wasn't able to find any good Youtubes on Tunisia people.

Here is a video where the Host is speaking for the Toureg, saying that they call themselves white.

Astrologer4U

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

TractorsPakistan.com is one of the leading tractor exporters from Pakistan to Africa and the Caribbean regions.
HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Back