Black Entertainment : Jessie Williams Takes Racism 2 Task!

That's okay my friend, my opinions are my own, even if it results in me standing alone. I've never been the type to... as they say; "march in lockstep" with the powers that be.

Ken
I doubt very seriously brother Ken if you and sister Whoopi are alone. You are most definitely entitled to your opinion and beliefs.They may not be in agreement with the majority of the African/Black populace which is cool as far as I'm concerned..It allows us the opportunity to delve a little bit deeper into the psyche to try and understand how one has reached that conclusion and vise versa. I also like you am not going to bite my tongue for no one if I have something to say. Folks can agree or not, that's their prerogative. However wrong, right or indifferent, we should be able to find some common ground which is what I believe Jesse's was expressing as African/Black folks. We can sit and cherry pick the speech all day long or any speech for that matter and are bound to have differences of opinion what was lamented.
However the overall context was a reiteration of the continued inequality, disparity, and racism that exist for our people, sexism and disrespect towards our African women with a lack of appreciation shown, overall mistreatment by law enforcement, denigrating of us as a whole and the lack of involvement of those AA with money and influence etc. It's the same issues that have been plaguing us that we've been talking about for as far back as I can remember and we have always been splitting hairs...I'm almost 62 and I've lived through some very rough times and just about done and seen it all...
We have always been in disagreement and ready to pounce on someone because they have a difference of opinion...I'm always hearing folks calling someone a coon, uncle tom, sell out or that all time favorite dis (he or she ain't black enough). Like what the heck is that supposed to mean? I'm all done with the silly s--t... So folks can continue to squabble about little things that don't impact anything. We have always been easily distracted which is why a lot of us are walking in the darkness. Brother Jesse and others like him are continuing to light up the darkness and keep the focus on the big picture and maybe, just maybe others will pick up the torch also. Just my take on it. You can agree or disagree, it really don't matter because in the grand scheme of things, it impacts and changes nothing.
We gotta realize and understand that it's the system that has to be changed for more inclusiveness. It's either that or construct a sovereign state (which I definitely don't see happening). First and foremost there are somethings we need to change individually and until we can take an honest assessment of our own flaws we can't address anyone else's....

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

TractorsPakistan.com is one of the leading tractor exporters from Pakistan to Africa and the Caribbean regions.
HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Back