Black Entertainment : 14-Year Boycott, Serena Williams Return To Indian Wells

Discussion in 'Black Entertainment' started by $$RICH$$, Mar 15, 2015.

1. $$RICH$$

$$RICH$$ Lyon King Admin. STAFF

United States
    BUSINESS owner
    Ratings:
    +4,178
    After A 14-Year Boycott, Serena Williams Makes Emotional, Triumphant Return To Indian Wells
    [​IMG]
    An emotional and visibly tearful Serena Williams made a glorious return to Indian Wells, California at the BNP Paribas Open on Friday, triumphantly taking in the crowd’s cheers and waving American flags, after she defeated Monica Niculescu in two sets (7-5, 7-5).
    The atmosphere at Indian Wells on Friday was a very different scene from one 14 years ago, when the crowd booed and jeered the teenaged tennis phenom, and allegedly hurled racial epithets at her, her sister Venus Williams, and her father Richard Williams. At that time, the Williams family said they would never set foot in the stadium again.
    In 2001 at Indian Wells, Serena defeated Kim Clijsters of Belgium but was booed by an American crowd after she won over a Belgian.

“When Venus and I were walking down the stairs to our seats, people kept calling me [expletive],” Williams said. “One guy said, ‘I wish it was ’75; we’d skin you alive.’ That’s when I stopped and walked toward that way. Then I realized that (my) best bet was to handle the situation non-violently. I had trouble holding back tears. I think Indian Wells disgraced America.”
    http://blackamericans.com/other-new...s-emotional-triumphant-return-to-indian-wells

2. Clyde C Coger Jr

Clyde C Coger Jr going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Speaker/Teacher/Author
    Home Page:
    Ratings:
    +12,078

They dogged her out so bad, it took fourteen years for her to elevate to what she is ... The Queen of Tennis, afraid of nothing. Thanks for sharing this bro. $$RICH$.

3. $$RICH$$

United States
    BUSINESS owner
    Ratings:
    +4,178
    not only did she return but she mastering it
    saying:
    "I feel like I've already won this tournament," she said. "I don't feel like I have to actually hold the trophy at the end of this. I feel like I'm already holding up a trophy. I have never felt that way before. I feel like just being here is a huge win. Not only for me, but for so many people. It's a wonderful feeling."
    http://espn.go.com/espnw/news-comme...erena-williams-triumphant-return-indian-wells

A very deeply wounded sister who over came it all with deep emotions and a true champ

4. $$RICH$$

United States
    BUSINESS owner
    Ratings:
    +4,178
    I agree she stated she put it all behind her and trust in God as she returned and this time was a warm welcome
    I love her ability and will power to make a different ...what happen today makes her a winner without any trophy

TENNIS GODDESS CHAMPION
    her victory is our victory [​IMG]

Winning is not always about winning holding up a trophy. Sometimes you have to face your biggest nightmares head first, and conquer them. For the first time, I don't need a trophy... Because I have already won.

YES SISTER U HAVE !!!

5. Deacs

Deacs Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +567
    I am happy for her...

Although I would never lend my name to or participate in any event associated with them