May be a black-and-white image of 1 person, beard and text

Kemetstry

PREMIUM MEMBER
Feb 19, 2001
Detroit
Occupation
Chemist
Rodrigo Varela/Getty

Michael Kenneth Williams is gone but certainly not forgotten after his death Monday afternoon.

"It is with deep sorrow that the family announces the passing of Emmy nominated actor Michael Kenneth Williams," a rep for Williams told PEOPLE. "They ask for your privacy while grieving this unsurmountable loss."

The current Emmy Award nominee, who was 54 at the time of his death, is being memorialized across social media. Friends, fans and collaborators have posted tributes to the beloved actor, who was known for his roles in The Wire, When They See Us and Lovecraft Country.

RELATED: Michael K. Williams, Actor Known for The Wire and Lovecraft Country, Dead at 54

Spike Lee, who directed Williams in the 2008 film Miracle at St. Anna, was one of many who paid tribute to the late actor. "Whew Lawd, Dis Is A Tough Day-1st We Lose The Great French Actor JEAN PAUL BELMONDO And Now My Brother MICHAEL K. WILLIAMS," he wrote, posting a photo of himself and Williams cheering on the New York Knicks at Madison Square Garden.

"Our Brother Passed Away Today In His Home, Da People's Republic Of Brooklyn. I'm Shook. Drinking A Bottle Of Italian Red Wine-Brunello Di Montalcino By Myself," Lee continued. "Our Greats Are Leaving Us Left And Right. GOD BLESS."

Joel McHale, with whom Williams appeared in season 3 of Community, also honored Williams on social media. "****. Just ****. Mr. Williams was such a Good, kind, wonderful man. He was so funny on Community and, of course, an actor for the ages," wrote McHale.

Colman Domingo admitted that he didn't know his Miracle at St. Anna and Time Out of Mind costar well, but he always admired him. "Truly gutted on hearing the passing of Michael K. Williams. A tremendous actor," he wrote on Twitter.

"Two ships. Never said much. Smiled at each other at a brunch, then on the set of Time Out of Mind as I wrapped and he started, then cast opposite the man and then because of my schedule could not pursue. Never shared the space fully and that guts me. I admired him. Rest Michael," Domingo added in another tweet.

Kemetstry

PREMIUM MEMBER
Feb 19, 2001
Detroit
Occupation
Chemist

Latest profile posts

Destee wrote on Jahari Kavi's profile.
Hi Brother @Jahari Kavi ... Welcome Home! Good to see you! YAAAAAY Us! :love:
Destee wrote on Orisons's profile.
Hi Brother @Orisons ... good to see you in the house, stay safe always please :heart:
Destee wrote on Ms Drea's profile.
Hi My Dear Darling Sister! :kiss: :love: :kiss:
Destee wrote on beautifulblkw's profile.
Hi Sister!!!! :wave: :wave: :wave: So good to see you! Thanks for coming home! YAAAAAY! :yaay: Much Love and Peace! :love:
Massey Ferguson Tractors and farm implements for Sale in Africa especially in Botswana, Kenya, Tanzania, Zambia, Ghana, Nigeria and many more. Our tractor company in Africa having huge stock of brand new tractors and farm implements for tractor dealers.