Black People : Is Pat Tillman a hero?

kente417mojo said:
Do you think ex-football player Pat tillman is a hero for leaving the NFL to join the military, where he later was killed in Iraq? I've heard all this stuff on the television and on the news saying that he's a hero and an inspiration to all. What do you guys think? Do you think he was a hero or a brainwashed fool? :eek:hmy:

I don't think he was either one. If he was a hero, then every soldier over there should be a hero, for he did no more than any other soldier in the line of duty. If he was a brainwashed fool, then one could say that he could not think for himself and was under the control and dominance of some type of influence. I believe he was just a person who felt he had a military call to duty. He loved his country and his love was simply put to the test before the eyes of millions of Americans as he turned down millions$$$ to go and serve in the military. He knew what he was getting into and still he went. That was a choice that very few people would make including myself. He was not a hero or a brainwashed fool...he was simply notable. Sometimes, that's better than being a hero.

Joyce

Joyce said:
I don't think he was either one. If he was a hero, then every soldier over there should be a hero, for he did no more than any other soldier in the line of duty. If he was a brainwashed fool, then one could say that he could not think for himself and was under the control and dominance of some type of influence. I believe he was just a person who felt he had a military call to duty. He loved his country and his love was simply put to the test before the eyes of millions of Americans as he turned down millions$$$ to go and serve in the military. He knew what he was getting into and still he went. That was a choice that very few people would make including myself. He was not a hero or a brainwashed fool...he was simply notable. Sometimes, that's better than being a hero.

Joyce

I second that sisterrrrrrrrrrrr :deal:

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

Blessings sent to all journeying in 2024 so far
Chevron Dove wrote on cherryblossom's profile.
Sis Cherryblossom,
hoping that you are at peace where ever you may be.
Back