Law Forum : Internet Harassment, Stalking, and Cyberbullying

I'd advise all of you who are pandering here to take a look at the law suit against the bar tenders that let their patron drink in access. As well as the 'Sally Jessie Raphael' case. Then comment..

This is one of your favorites, pandering, guess there's no chance you will ever stop labeling folk, smh. But what if you provided this information, or some links to the new Forum created for the formation of the Council. It would certainly be useful for future and similar cases bro. Kemetstry.

This is one of your favorites, pandering, guess there's no chance you will ever stop labeling folk, smh. But what if you provided this information, or some links to the new Forum created for the formation of the Council. It would certainly be useful for future and similar cases bro. Kemetstry.

Actually, I'm being kind. Some of you have invested in a lot of chap stick. Furthermore, I don't even reach average on labeling

Hmmm, I'm in no way a part of this, but I would like to say that (if what I'm reading is correct) I agree with Kemetstry.

I think it IS Destee's job to ensure that there are no cyber-stalkers allowed on Destee. If someone is reporting and giving proof that there is inappropriate conduct, I don't see how it ISN'T your responsibility to ban said person. In essence, on Destee, I believe the police to be Destee.

Your always banning people anyway, I don't see how we're getting shy about it now. If someone is getting cyber-stalked, Destee should be the first person taking action, not the police.

My reasoning is thus: Cyber stalking is a NON-PHYSICAL issue that actually takes place in what I consider to be a "non-physical realm" aka the internet. Therefore, the best you can do with the police is cry UNLESS there is a threat involved (AND the definition stated that for cyber stalking to happen there DOES NOT have to be a threat involved). What would you tell the police if it was non-violent, but equally as invasive cyber-stalking?

Cyber stalking is a CLEAR abuse of what this site says it's about. Therefore, since it goes beyond someone's feelings getting hurt, and actually borders on abuse of the site, I would consider it to be Destee's job to ensure that everyone is using the tools of the site properly, so that no one gets "hurt". And by "hurt" here, I don't mean feelings so much as I mean hurting someone's experience on this site.

The experience is your job, Destee, right? Aren't you around to make sure the experience is clean, safe, appropriate, and within the rules of Destee?

Hmmm, I'm in no way a part of this, but I would like to say that (if what I'm reading is correct) I agree with Kemetstry.

I think it IS Destee's job to ensure that there are no cyber-stalkers allowed on Destee. If someone is reporting and giving proof that there is inappropriate conduct, I don't see how it ISN'T your responsibility to ban said person. In essence, on Destee, I believe the police to be Destee.

Your always banning people anyway, I don't see how we're getting shy about it now. If someone is getting cyber-stalked, Destee should be the first person taking action, not the police.

My reasoning is thus: Cyber stalking is a NON-PHYSICAL issue that actually takes place in what I consider to be a "non-physical realm" aka the internet. Therefore, the best you can do with the police is cry UNLESS there is a threat involved (AND the definition stated that for cyber stalking to happen there DOES NOT have to be a threat involved). What would you tell the police if it was non-violent, but equally as invasive cyber-stalking?

Cyber stalking is a CLEAR abuse of what this site says it's about. Therefore, since it goes beyond someone's feelings getting hurt, and actually borders on abuse of the site, I would consider it to be Destee's job to ensure that everyone is using the tools of the site properly, so that no one gets "hurt". And by "hurt" here, I don't mean feelings so much as I mean hurting someone's experience on this site.

The experience is your job, Destee, right? Aren't you around to make sure the experience is clean, safe, appropriate, and within the rules of Destee?

Careful, lest you be accused of showing common sense. :lol: :rofl: :lol:

I'm not a lawyer, but common sense would suggest that if you are having a bad experience somewhere ... e.g., repeatedly running into a stalker at a single location ... you'd stop going there.

To continually and voluntarily return to the one place where you claim your experience is so "hurt" ... where your stalker hangs out ... in my opinion ... suggests it's not as bad as you claim, or you enjoy them more than you're willing to admit, and you hinder your ability to put the fault of your so-called "hurt" experience on another.

For those reading, that may have a real stalking situation, i still say call the police.

I am not the police.

:heart:

Destee

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

TractorsPakistan.com is one of the leading tractor exporters from Pakistan to Africa and the Caribbean regions.
HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Back