Black People : Internationally Lauded Scientist makes statement on Black Intelligence.

More Racist comments or the fundamental anomaly revealed

Biologist and Nobel laureate Phil Sharp at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology, who's known Watson since 1971, said, "I've never considered Jim a racist. However, Jim likes to use statistics and observations to provoke people, and it is possible that he is provoking people by these comments."

http://www.iht.com/articles/ap/2007/10/18/healthscience/NA-SCI-US-Controversial-Scientist.php?page=2

Seems like there are some *spin* tactics goin on above. It seems that this long time friend and equally respected member of the scientific community is stating there may be some statistical observations that can somehow clear up the obscurity of Dr. Watson's intentions and politically incorrect wording.

Well.....when I first read his statement (Because I was curious to exactly what his statement was; being equally skeptical of the criticism of the racist whites that brought him there in the first place) I almost had the *loop tape denunciation* and *Knee jerk response* syndrome goin on but instead "entertained" a different approach.

Dr Watson said "he was "inherently gloomy about the prospect of Africa" because "all our social policies are based on the fact that their intelligence is the same as ours - whereas all the testing says not really".

He could be making a statement about the inadequacies of European policies in reconciling what is going on in Africa.

In regards to Howard Gardner's (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Howard_Gardner) research on "Multiple Intelligences", European/Whites/Americans academic curriculums and overall appraoch to the educational process is behind because of the lack of understanding in regards to "Multiple-intelligences".

Dr Watson has mentioned in the past that there is only assumptions and no scientific data that validates all people have the same TYPE/degree of intelligence (he can also, in bias, could validate a particular type of intelligence as well...he can still let the cat out the bag).

"...There is no firm reason to anticipate that the intellectual capacities of peoples geographically separated in their evolution should prove to have evolved identically," Watson wrote. "Our wanting to reserve equal powers of reason as some universal heritage of humanity will not be enough to make it so."

Although he makes no reference to the connection I have made with "Multiple Intelligence" sometimes you find more information in what someone is NOT saying (in regards to what their saying) than what the senders intentions are hence, the racist statements that got him banned in the first place and his lack of awareness in the moment when questioned afterwards. (Could be senility too or dementia ..but lets not let the racist story tellers off that easy)

It could be that the equally racist media automatically (because of their own inherent/disguised belief that it is THEIR intelligence that is right or supreme) translated what Dr. Watson said as " No matter how us *smart* Europeans try we will never *straighten* those savage Afrikans because they just can't function autonomously AS A COLLECTIVE in a civilized manner."

When conversely (whether intentional or not) he could be saying " We Europeans do what works for us and those Africans may function *Collectively* from a whole different intelligence paradigm that we Euro's aren't intelligent enough in our arrogance(or whatever inadequacy) to figure out. We Euros need to leave them Africans to their own nation building. "

I am not minimizing his remarks or trying to make concessions for him (I have no stake in his career) ....mainly just providing a viewpoint to spark some thought if someone else sees where I'm goin with it. Hetep

You know what I just RE~alized. Many of you M.A.D. (Men of AFreekan Descent) prolly don't view these video's cause you have a W.A.D. (Woman of AFreekan Descent) there with you. I am also aware that I place a high value and therefore, FEEL when folk don't RE~ply to what I'm saying in the video's.

Now, this DOES NOT APPLY TO you MENEFER!...Yet..it was a thought which came up as I prepared this RE~ply...and...I noted the other posters who have participated in this thread thus far and...to those who may view afters. It is not Secret...least not for M.E., that I have limited RE~ply's in threads started. Why is this important to M.E.:?:

Cause I'M HOME ALONE.....AGAIN.....:cry: :10500: :cry:

anywho...

Some more of my thoughts...

:hearts2:

Practicing what I Preach and Teach!

and then i get to see the pic which shows up and i think.....

dang...brothers sure ain't gonna click dat....W.A.D wit her mouth wide open..running it....

dey aint' tryin hear M.E. ...

hence...Home Alone...:cry::cry::cry:
well...only cause it gets kinda lonely still....
just where i'm at in my life

truetothecause said:
You know what I just RE~alized. Many of you M.A.D. (Men of AFreekan Descent) prolly don't view these video's cause you have a W.A.D. (Woman of AFreekan Descent) there with you. I am also aware that I place a high value and therefore, FEEL when folk don't RE~ply to what I'm saying in the video's.

Now, this DOES NOT APPLY TO you MENEFER!...Yet..it was a thought which came up as I prepared this RE~ply...and...I noted the other posters who have participated in this thread thus far and...to those who may view afters. It is not Secret...least not for M.E., that I have limited RE~ply's in threads started. Why is this important to M.E.:?:

Cause I'M HOME ALONE.....AGAIN.....:cry: :10500: :cry:

anywho...

Some more of my thoughts...

Appreciate your response as always......YES ...when your scrutizing propaganda you gotta check it from both sides ....ironically the same scientific community that fiends "Objectivity" refuses to acknowledge that reality itself is intelligent or atleast they say one who follows the strict rules of science cannot prove Intelligent design.:hammer:

MenNefer said:
Appreciate your response as always......YES ...when your scrutizing propaganda you gotta check it from both sides ....ironically the same scientific community that fiends:?::?: not sure what the typo is here "Objectivity" refuses to acknowledge that reality itself is intelligent or atleast they say one who follows the strict rules of science cannot prove Intelligent design.:hammer:

Yes!!...AND...ain't dat some Sh.....!!!

Cause for M.E., true "Intelligence" is SPIRITUAL...and THEY can't SEE It and therefore...Spiritual things have No place in the RE~search game!...Just does not count. I do not have all RE~sources in front of me yet...in one of my Re~search books this principal or 'rule' is clearly delineated.

:hearts2:

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

TractorsPakistan.com is one of the leading tractor exporters from Pakistan to Africa and the Caribbean regions.
HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Back