Black Entertainment : Hustle and Flow

LURK said:
not sayin it isnt true,but really,im not mad at it....and im not black,im hispanic...so i could relate to what ur sayin somewhat

well, this explains your difference of opinion on the subject!! a bit of interracial schooling for ya: blaxploitation STILL sucks!

how would you feel about a movie that tosses up all the stereotypes about hispanics? shrug it off? "it's only a movie?" perhaps if your people had gone through the [400/500/2500] years of exploitation that Africans have gone through you might would see it a bit differently, no? might you relate to that a bit more than "somewhat"?

man am i glad that i don't have a television!!! and it ain't just movies: check out which commercials we do, and which they do. consider the hair color of the kakasoids in commercials and which ones are doing what. look at the insurance commercials; who presents them; who supports which companies/policies. look at the roles of Africans in television programming; which programs have Africans in "deep" roles ... and what are those programs "advocating".

need our own infrastructure. need to put up some sats of our own. need to get away from having to have our productions ok'd by them. need to stop supporting them, period!

rhetorically: what would happen, and where would they be, if Africans just walked away from them? sounds pretty danged good to me; "Les Due Dis!" (sorry: "Lets Do This")

Froggy1 said:
Another musicjacker your saying? cause elvis is one of historys biggest jackers. I mean if i was a rapper i would be representing myself i would be ME and talk about what i wanna talk about
Radical Faith your right. I was on some other message board and this one brotha was like EMINEM is the best rapper ALIVE! thinkaboutthatforaminute. Hes saying hes better than a WHOLE array of rappers. Nas Jay Z Big L just to name a few.

Froggy1 said:
Radical Faith your right. I was on some other message board and this one brotha was like EMINEM is the best rapper ALIVE! thinkaboutthatforaminute. Hes saying hes better than a WHOLE array of rappers. Nas Jay Z Big L just to name a few.

See told ya. I have to give it to Eminem he is an exceptional rapper but to say he is the best rapper alive! That's a stretch. Whoever said that must be a white teenager or have never heard of Guru or Rakim or like you said Nas. Eminem can't compete with Twista. I probably could name 10 rappers he can't hang with off the top of my head. The hook that Eminem has is he's angry, he's white and his most successful songs are about things white teenagers relate to. Stuff like suicide or being a misfit or an outcast or hating your mother. That subject matter speaks directly to white youth and like I say it's white youth that are buying more Hip Hop these day. See how the game works?

Peace....

Radical Faith said:
See told ya. I have to give it to Eminem he is an exceptional rapper but to say he is the best rapper alive! That's a stretch. Whoever said that must be a white teenager or have never heard of Guru or Rakim or like you said Nas. Eminem can't compete with Twista. I probably could name 10 rappers he can't hang with off the top of my head. The hook that Eminem has is he's angry, he's white and his most successful songs are about things white teenagers relate to. Stuff like suicide or being a misfit or an outcast or hating your mother. That subject matter speaks directly to white youth and like I say it's white youth that are buying more Hip Hop these day. See how the game works?

Peace....
yeah but weird enough ol boy was black. He said em was a true lyricist and that nas cant hang wiith the game.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

Blessings sent to all journeying in 2024 so far
Chevron Dove wrote on cherryblossom's profile.
Sis Cherryblossom,
hoping that you are at peace where ever you may be.
Back