Black People Politics : How Chinese Investors Are Taking Over Detroit For Themselves

Wait, hold it ... who wanted to reform black bottom? And who didn't allow them to reform?

They want to reform black bottom. It was an old black business district that was levelled by I-75. They weren't allowed to reform.

This happened in the late 50s early 60s. I-75 wiped out the black business district. They were not allowed to buy land in a given area to relocate back then. This, of course, never would have happened to any other ethnic group.

This happened in the late 50s early 60s. I-75 wiped out the black business district. They were not allowed to buy land in a given area to relocate back then. This, of course, never would have happened to any other ethnic group.

Okay, I get it now. Black folk were denied by White folk during the 50's and 6-0's.

Exactly, which is the basis upon which Ta-Nehisi Coates argues for Reparations
. Coates approaches restitution from real estate disadvantages we suffered during that period of time, and before.

This, of course, never would have happened to any other ethnic group.

5 White People Own More Rural Land Than All Black People Combined

It’s no secret that there is a significant and widening wealth gap between Black and white Americans; the gap serves as one of the main arguments in the case for reparations for slavery. As a result of slavery, few Black families are able to amass enough wealth to pass down any generational wealth that would allow Black families to at least put a dent in the overall gap. Highlighting just how drastic the gap is are statistics in the recent Department of Agriculture report “Who Owns the Land.” It reveals that literally a handful (five) of white landowners own more rural land than ALL of Black America combined ...

... :facepalm:

http://financialjuneteenth.com/5-white-people-own-more-rural-land-than-all-black-people-combined/

black-ownership.jpg

April V. Taylor

Chinese Investors Snap Up Property in Bankrupt Detroit

BEIJING — Bankrupt Detroit’s thousands of empty buildings are being flogged at rock-bottom prices — and Chinese investors are answering the siren call of unbeatable deals.

With family homes regularly selling for around $10,000, the beleaguered Motor City is now the number-four destination for Chinese housing investors in the U.S. Bigger spenders have already snapped up some of Detroit’s most iconic commercial buildings ...

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/china/chinese-investors-snap-property-bankrupt-detroit-n253186

141121-detroit-abandonded-mn-730_a1f4598ff8a30b6f41ac6944a51b196f.nbcnews-ux-600-480.jpg

Ford Field, home of the Detroit Lions, is seen near an abandoned building in September 2013.MIRA OBERMAN / AFP - Getty Images file

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

TractorsPakistan.com is one of the leading tractor exporters from Pakistan to Africa and the Caribbean regions.
HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Back