Horrible! Skin bleaching website!

SAMURAI36 said:
How does this somehow negate the fact that we have not been the standard of beauty now, for the past few thousand years, nor do we dictate it to others?

We are the proverbial (and oftentimes literal) lithmus test for white people's machinations. The rat in the maze.

White people ARE the standard of beauty on this earth right now, and they've been so for quite sometime. And the reason that they are, is because they've set themselves up as such.

We do not bleach our skin out of some inherent notion of beauty. We do it, because of the conditioning that we've been given from white people.

But regardless, this is not the Blame of Black men.

What Black men "prefer" is the direct result of what White men told us that we should prefer.

But regardless, even if that were truly the case, and Black women are indeed so keen to the likes of Black men:

Why then, are so many sisters (African, AA, Caribbean, those living in Europe, etc) getting plastic surgery, and excerising extra hard to lose their butts, which are a part of their African legacy?

Did they get this notion from the "preference" of the Black man as well? I don't know of a single brother that wants a woman with a flat @$$. But I have heard White men countless times, say that a "big booty" makes a woman look "fat".

PEACE

I think it's just sheer weak-mindedness and evading responsibility when you know that someone has given you poison and you know it's poison, and you continue to gulp it down, all the while blaming it on them. Many Blacks who use bleaching creams KNOW those creams contain chemicals that are destroying their skin, their health. The fact is that many of these women and the men too care less about their health than they do about attracting men, getting that modeling job, or movin on up in a job, or whatever they're after. Yet, if light skin were not an asset in these Black countries, these bleachers wouldn't need to do it.

There is no excuse for the vast majority of Black people continuing to destroy themselves and each other, claiming "the white man made me do it." White people ain't no ******* deities!! Our folks just need to stop this chit!!! Full stop.

If or when I do self-destructive acts, I am to blame, not you, not any other Black person, not any white person, nobody else but me. I am offended when any act I do is blamed on somebody else as if I'm retarded or something. I could never get away with blaming others for what I did wrong when I was a child and I'm glad my parents weren't stupid enough to fall for it, not saying I didn't try it.

Also, last time I checked, Nigerian women may have been trying to lose weight, but they were not trying to reduce the size of their butts. Many other Black women I know who ARE trying to reduce their butt size want to do just that--reduce it--not get a flat ***.

One thing I agree with you on is that Black women do have power and we have got to seize that power within us and use it to uplift our own selves and if our own men don't like us, then we need to make some radical changes.

Riada said:
I think it's just sheer weak-mindedness and evading responsibility when you know that someone has given you poison and you know it's poison, and you continue to gulp it down, all the while blaming it on them. Many Blacks who use bleaching creams KNOW those creams contain chemicals that are destroying their skin, their health. The fact is that many of these women and the men too care less about their health than they do about attracting men, getting that modeling job, or movin on up in a job, or whatever they're after.

I agree totally. This in my mind, is no different than people smoking cigarettes, drinking, using drugs, etc. The detrimental effects are in plain view for all to see, even as they continue to indulge in it.

Yet, if light skin were not an asset in these Black countries, these bleachers wouldn't need to do it.

Here's the problem I have with this: the entire concept of an "asset", is subjective from beginning to end. What you find to be an asset, I could easily, and justifiably deem as a liability.

The concept of light skin being deemed as an asset, is only so because these certain people deem it as such. There are NUMEROUS Black (re: dark skinned) Africans that are quite successful in their professional and personal endeavors, who do not even give the slightest consideration for lightening their skin.

The world only changes, when one's perception of it changes.

There is no excuse for the vast majority of Black people continuing to destroy themselves and each other, claiming "the white man made me do it." White people ain't no ******* deities!! Our folks just need to stop this chit!!! Full stop.

Agreed.

However, unfortunately, the White man has in fact asserted himself as the "deity" of this world. He is seen as the God of finance, the God of politics, the God of academia, and even the God of contemporary religion.

His face appears on the most important piece of paper in the world at present, with the mantra "In God We Trust" emboldened along with it.

Even Revelations tells us (for the religious-minded) that "no man will be able to buy or sell (re: get jobs, move up in life) without this mark."

If or when I do self-destructive acts, I am to blame, not you, not any other Black person, not any white person, nobody else but me. I am offended when any act I do is blamed on somebody else as if I'm retarded or something. I could never get away with blaming others for what I did wrong when I was a child and I'm glad my parents weren't stupid enough to fall for it, not saying I didn't try it.

Again, I agree with this, but wasn't that what you were trying to do, when you stated:

This is unfortunate, but as long as so many Black men show their preference for lighter women over darker Sistas, then skin bleach will be making a fortune for some fat cats out there.

While I acknowledge that the 2 points are not mutually exclusive, I also acknowledge that one premise is not contingent upon another.

Also, last time I checked, Nigerian women may have been trying to lose weight, but they were not trying to reduce the size of their butts. Many other Black women I know who ARE trying to reduce their butt size want to do just that--reduce it--not get a flat ***.

I can't necessarily speak of Nigerian women. I'm pretty sure you may know more of them than I do.

But I do know that many AA women, many Sisters from the Caribbean, and Sisters in Europe are trying to do this. I work in a gym, and I've heard Sisters say this explicitly.

Granted, reducing your butt size doesn't translate into trying to make it flat, but the notion is no less ludicrous.

Just as ludicrous, I'd say, as trying to reduce the size of your African nose, or African Lips.

One thing I agree with you on is that Black women do have power and we have got to seize that power within us and use it to uplift our own selves and if our own men don't like us, then we need to make some radical changes.

:bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

PEACE

SAMURAI36 said:
Here's the problem I have with this: the entire concept of an "asset", is subjective from beginning to end. What you find to be an asset, I could easily, and justifiably deem as a liability.

The concept of light skin being deemed as an asset, is only so because these certain people deem it as such. There are NUMEROUS Black (re: dark skinned) Africans that are quite successful in their professional and personal endeavors, who do not even give the slightest consideration for lightening their skin.

The world only changes, when one's perception of it changes.

However, unfortunately, the White man has in fact asserted himself as the "deity" of this world. He is seen as the God of finance, the God of politics, the God of academia, and even the God of contemporary religion.

His face appears on the most important piece of paper in the world at present, with the mantra "In God We Trust" emboldened along with it.

Even Revelations tells us (for the religious-minded) that "no man will be able to buy or sell (re: get jobs, move up in life) without this mark."

Again, I agree with this, but wasn't that what you were trying to do, when you stated:

While I acknowledge that the 2 points are not mutually exclusive, I also acknowledge that one premise is not contingent upon another.

But I do know that many AA women, many Sisters from the Caribbean, and Sisters in Europe are trying to do this. I work in a gym, and I've heard Sisters say this explicitly.

Granted, reducing your butt size doesn't translate into trying to make it flat, but the notion is no less ludicrous.

Just as ludicrous, I'd say, as trying to reduce the size of your African nose, or African Lips.

:bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

PEACE

Having lighter skin as a female is DEFINITELYan asset when dealing with MANY Black men and many other men of color. It simply gives the lighter woman many more options than darker females if all other things are just about equal. This is something a lot of Black folks just can't or won't openly admit. You may consider light skin on a female a liability, but IMO you're in the minority of Black males. On the other hand, many women of all races and groups prefer darker males.

Regarding white people asserting themselves as a deity, it doesn't matter to me whether someone asserts themselves as my deity, but it does matters to me whether I believe it or not. I CAN control the latter with my mind. I got EGO, Brotha. LOL!!! Black people don't have to believe in white superiority, or that whites have all the power. For many of us these days, that's a choice and another type of whining. I think many Blacks WANT to believe it because it provides an excuse for stalling, for not coming together, for not committing to solve problems, for not excelling.

Many, not all, Black women who are trying to reduce their butt size do it because it's difficult, even more expensive, to find clothes to fit if your body does not match the measurements used in the fashion industry. For ex. if you have a size 36 bust and size hips, it's virtually impossible in certain stylish clothing lines to find a dress or suit that you can get into that will drape properly. Some Black women try to reduce their butts or keep them hidden because they don't like the cat-calls from men on the street. They simply don't want their butts to be the object of leering men. Granted there are some Black women who do want to have more of a white woman's stereotypical body, though many of them don't even have that.

As far as Black women finding and using their power, I don't think many Black men are going to like that. I see everyday what happens now when African women try to assert themselves. The majority of African men can't take it. If and when Black women really start doing this worldwide, many Black men are going to be left in the dust.

IMO, you need to stop always trying to see a Sista's behavior in a negative light. There could be very valid reasons why she does what she does. Black people are not friendly to me either most of the time. That doesn't bother me because I believe that if I needed something from them, most of them would do their best to help me. That has been my experience. On the other hand, whites are often friendly, but I know that's usually fake.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

TractorsPakistan.com is one of the leading tractor exporters from Pakistan to Africa and the Caribbean regions.
HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Back