Horrible! Skin bleaching website!

Discussion in 'Black Health and Wellness' started by Natural Nubian, Feb 7, 2006.

1. Natural Nubian

Natural Nubian Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +1
  2. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,680
    :puke:

:heart:

Destee

3. Tantrum

Tantrum Well-Known Member MEMBER

Pos Technical Support
    Ratings:
    +12
    Interesting

4. Riada

Riada Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +18
    This is unfortunate, but as long as so many Black men show their preference for lighter women over darker Sistas, then skin bleach will be making a fortune for some fat cats out there.

Skin bleach is a big seller in Nigeria these days. Go to any market and it's plentiful and costs big bucks too. Most of the models in Nigerian magazines and women on TV are brown to light-skinned or the images are edited to make them look brown or light. Many typical Nigerian women are NOT brown and light. They tend to be darker. My Kenyan friend said skin-bleaching is big there too.

5. cursed heart

cursed heart Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +38
    WOW! love the skin you're in!
    I can see if your tone is uneven and you want to even the tone, but to make yourself lighter is a part of the WL syndrome!

6. SAMURAI36

SAMURAI36 Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +234
    I agree that this skin ligthening product is the utmost disgusting.

However, what I do not agree with, is the notion that the use of this product is the result of Black Men's perception of beauty.

In fact, Black males are subject to this same disgusting practice as well, both in Africa, America, and abroad.

Further, all one has to do, is scroll down to the bottom of that linked page, and see who the REAL culprit of this problem is:

"SWISS WHITENING".......

Swiss = Europe.

Why would people in Northern Europe, who are pale as snow, create products for the sole purpose of depigmentation?

Certainly not for themselves.

Just like guns, drugs, and other tools of destruction that we as a people indulge in, this product is not created by the people that are forced/convinced to use it. It's not created in Africa, nor is it created in the Black communities of America, the Caribbean, India, and other dark-pigmented populaces where it is used.

The Black male's perception of beauty is not taken into the slightest consideration, when these products are created, nor when they are used.

As always, the white man holds the power in this respect.

The sad thing is, that wasn't always the case....... only a few thousand years ago, The Black woman set the standard of beauty all around the world.......Queen of Sheba, Queen Nefertari, Queen Nzingha, and others.......Men of reknown (of different races) travelled across the globe, just to gaze at the beauty of these women.

I've said it more than once on here: Black women have so much power--power that they don't realize that they have, and as a result, power that they give away to those who don't deserve it.

Choosing to look like a white woman, when it's no secret that the white woman is trying to look like you, is a prime example of giving away that power.

Black woman, Instead of blaming others for your fall from grace, look within yourself for your inward and outward beauty, and set the standard once again for the true presence of beauty on the earth.

Only then, will products (garbage) such as these disappear.

As the sister stated above, "Love the skin you're in".

PEACE

7. Riada

Riada Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +18
    I'm on the light side in terms of complexion and I know how some AA men and African men have FAWNED over how "pretty" my skin is. I have known of other women on the light side who get the same treatment. I mean these men will actually come out and say how beautiful my skin is and they're not talking about smooth, they talking about the shade of it.

White people make bleaching cream because they KNOW that many Blacks and some other non-white groups of people around the world want to lighten their skin. White people study us. They KNOW things about Black people that many Blacks don't want to admit. Black women know what many Black men prefer. This is why Nigerian women wear wrappers in a way to make their butts look bigger and this is why some of them and some other African women have started bleaching their skin. Lighter skin helps them to get men and jobs. Some African men lighten their skin for job purposes too.

8. SAMURAI36

SAMURAI36 Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +234
    How does this somehow negate the fact that we have not been the standard of beauty now, for the past few thousand years, nor do we dictate it to others?

We are the proverbial (and oftentimes literal) lithmus test for white people's machinations. The rat in the maze.

White people ARE the standard of beauty on this earth right now, and they've been so for quite sometime. And the reason that they are, is because they've set themselves up as such.

Thus, they create situations for us to dwell in, and then study us as a result. The study is only subsequent. They didn't "discover" what we like; they created it for us, and then sat down to record the results.

We do not bleach our skin out of some inherent notion of beauty. We do it, because of the conditioning that we've been given from white people.

But regardless, this is not the Blame of Black men.

What Black men "prefer" is the direct result of what White men told us that we should prefer.

But regardless, even if that were truly the case, and Black women are indeed so keen to the likes of Black men:

Why then, are so many sisters (African, AA, Caribbean, those living in Europe, etc) getting plastic surgery, and excerising extra hard to lose their butts, which are a part of their African legacy?

Did they get this notion from the "preference" of the Black man as well? I don't know of a single brother that wants a woman with a flat @$$. But I have heard White men countless times, say that a "big booty" makes a woman look "fat".

Thus, once again we return to the standards created and set by the White man, that we ALL (male and female) live by.

Jobs are not the only reason that the men do it. It's an issue of social acceptance all across the board, for both sexes.

There are just as many brothers walking around with lightened skin and blue/green eye contacts, as there are sisters, trying to inflate their "egos", pretending to be something they're not.

We've all been duped--man and woman alike, and none of us are doing the duping.

PEACE

9. PoeticManifesta

PoeticManifesta Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Local Insurance Agent
    Ratings:
    +47
    lol. they lying off their *****.. and you know what makes it soo bad.. you can tell its blk folk ryna scam blk folk... dont make no sense!

I dotn bleach my skin.
    microdermabrasion and alpha h skin peels all give a more radiant skin tone!

10. $$RICH$$

$$RICH$$ Lyon King Admin. STAFF

United States
    BUSINESS owner
    Ratings:
    +4,177
    That's a shame ..................