Black People : History of Slavery in Africa

I-khan said:
Humane is marked by an emphasis on humanistic values and concerns.As I posted earlier in this thread,the "humane" aspects of the servitude in the E.Coast of Afrika prior to foreign influence does seem to hold the same principles that I posted earlier in the thread about the servitude in the W.Coast.
So you're referring to practices such as the ability to gain freedom, being part of the family, and being able to rise to rulership, etc.?

An interpretation,act,or custom adopted by a peoples from a seperate set of peoples being that the peoples that are being influenced have had little or no major conflicts/integration/meetings or any other set of actions that would result in the 2 different peoples integrating to a certain extent or no extent at all with the people influencing them.
:confused:

We are talking about the early and present Arab slave trade and the contact between the Arabs and the black Afrikans of the East.
This brings me back to my earlier question about who is and who is not Arab. Prior to the life and death of Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) in 632 C.E. and the establishment of Islam in Arabia, was this foreign influence still Arab? And if so, are you saying it was exclusively Arab (again, prior to the trans atlantic slave trade)?

So you're referring to practices such as the ability to gain freedom, being part of the family, and being able to rise to rulership, etc.?
yes.

This brings me back to my earlier question about who is and who is not Arab. Prior to the life and death of Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) in 632 C.E. and the establishment of Islam in Arabia, was this foreign influence still Arab? And if so, are you saying it was exclusively Arab (again, prior to the trans atlantic slave trade)?
In many cases like that of Tippu Tip falls into a category that we might call the consequences of forced cultural assimilation via White (or Red) Arab Conquest over Africa. Tippu Tip s father was a White (or Red) Arab slave raider, his mother an unmixed African slave. Tip was born out of violence, the rape of an African woman. It is said that Tip, a "mulatto", was merciless to Africans. There may have been other "bi-racial" individuals that were no different.Also,some of the black Afrikans that were in Arabia who called themselves Arabs tried to participate in the enlsavment themselves,the odd thing is is the fact that many of them were beaten and sold into slavery as if they were from Ethiopia,when they only had a connection to that land through blood and not affiliation in terms of self-definition.I read an article earlier today about Arabs in S.Arabia discriminating against black Arabs and telling them that they are Negroes instead of Arabs like they want to be,or actually are,depending on your perception.Lastly,many empires such as the Ottoman Empire and the Persian Empire profited,but the Arabs remain the focus since they have the most Afrikan ancestry(according to modern "scientist" )than many of the other groups.

uplift19 said:

:confused:

"And if so, are you saying it was exclusively Arab (again, prior to the trans atlantic slve trade)?"

I sure hope not because it would ignore the role of the TURKS and the PERSIANS..

A lil history on the Afrikan influence on Islam:

French archaeologist Francois Lenormant wrote, We may perceive the remembrance of a powerful empire founded by the Cu****es in very early ages, apparently including the whole of Arabia Felix, and not only Yemen proper. While Lenormant's claims are probably a bit too far reaching, Arabia has long housed a significant African population, particularly in the South. How long these Blacks inhabited the Arabian peninsula is unknown. The Africa and Arabia connection should not be surprising as the distance between the East African horn and Southern Arabia is minimal. In fact linguists such as Joseph Greenberg contended that the Semitic languages of Arabia and the Middle East may well be a branch of a larger Ethiopian language group. It is also well known that this Eastern Horn-Arabian route was used for millennia by the earliest homonid migrants who later populated Asia. At least by 1,000BC Ethiopia, Eritrea and what is Southern Yemen may have been part of a larger empire known as the Sabean Kingdoms. The people of Sabea (Sheba) were probably a mixture of East Africans and Souther Arabians who had long populated the region. Saba had a very matrifocal society with a host of female deities. Lokman, considered the 'wisest man of the ancient East' was one of these Africans. The famed poet Antar was yet another. Pictured above are the ruins of Marib, a city of Saba (Sheba) in Southern Yemen. (Photo courtesy of The African Ark, African Presence in Early Asia and Yemeni website)

http://www.geocities.com/CollegePark/Classroom/9912/africaislam.html

I-khan said:
yes.

In many cases like that of Tippu Tip falls into a category that we might call the consequences of forced cultural assimilation via White (or Red) Arab Conquest over Africa. Tippu Tip s father was a White (or Red) Arab slave raider, his mother an unmixed African slave. Tip was born out of violence, the rape of an African woman. It is said that Tip, a "mulatto", was merciless to Africans. There may have been other "bi-racial" individuals that were no different.Also,some of the black Afrikans that were in Arabia who called themselves Arabs tried to participate in the enlsavment themselves,the odd thing is is the fact that many of them were beaten and sold into slavery as if they were from Ethiopia,when they only had a connection to that land through blood and not affiliation in terms of self-definition.I read an article earlier today about Arabs in S.Arabia discriminating against black Arabs and telling them that they are Negroes instead of Arabs like they want to be,or actually are,depending on your perception.Lastly,many empires such as the Ottoman Empire and the Persian Empire profited,but the Arabs remain the focus since they have the most Afrikan ancestry(according to modern "scientist" )than many of the other groups.

Precisely.

There are Millions of Muslims who have Arab fathers and Black African mothers, who strongly identify with their Arab fathers and Arab culture.

Their mentality is no different than the mullato in latin america who is quick to embrace his Spanish heritage while down playing and even denegrating the African part.

So there are indeed "Africans" who are enslaving other Africans in the Sudan and Mauritania, TODAY, and by denying their African heritage, it makes their job that much easier.

They have and are literally selling (out) their half-brothers into slavery.

Death to every single one of these devils

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

TractorsPakistan.com is one of the leading tractor exporters from Pakistan to Africa and the Caribbean regions.
HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Back