Black People : France - Race, Religion, or Class Problem?

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by Destee, Nov 7, 2005.

1. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,689
    Hello Family,

I've been hearing bits and pieces of the rioting currently going on in France, but i can't get a handle on what's really going on. I hear that "North Africans" who have moved to France, are the ones that are doing the rioting. Simply by saying "Africans" makes me think that this is Black people, but this may not be true. I understand that many of the "North Africans" are not Black people, but rather, they are Arabs (Muslims), and that this is not a "Black" issue. I've also heard that the rioting is not based on race or religion, but class. It's poor people that are rebelling (which of course probably includes Black people).

Are the majority of the people rioting Black?

Are the majority of the people rioting Musliim?

Are the majority of the people rioting poor?

Who's fight is this?

What's really going on over there Family?

Can anyone help me understand?

Thanks in advance.

:heart:

Destee

2. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,689
    On the news tonight, the images of people involved in the rioting, were White (or at least they looked White).

Is this why yall aint talk'n about this ... QQ

:heart:

Destee

3. Dual Karnayn

Dual Karnayn Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +7
    I'm not exactly sure what's going on in France but let me just say:

I'm not a resident of France but from everyone I've talked to who's been there of all races I heard it was a FAR more liberal and tolerant place than the United States.

It always has been, even during the time of Josephine Bakker when Black people were able to go there and be treated better than they did in their own country.

France is also very generous with it's social and government benefits and treats it's poor and sick better than many other Wester countries.

This is why as both a Muslim and a Black man I'm EXTREMELY disappointed in what's going on there.

As far as I'm concerned France is one of the last places there should be civil disturbances and riots.

From what I understand it's mostly North Africans (Arabs and Berber) youth rioting with a few Black youth participating. But regardless of the racial make up of the looters, like you said they are being widely describes as "Africans" and not only is this further damaging our image world-wide but it's destroying the liberal tolerant spirit that many of the white French people have.

We all look the same to them...NOT WHITE.

I can't tell you how disappointed I am in this.

Of all the places on this planet where the youth need to rise up....why France?

It's also giving Muslims a bad name all over Europe.

It's crap like this that fueled the anti-Jewish propaganda before the Holocaust. But this is worse in my opinion because it didn't take a riot to stir up resentment against Jews.

France is one of the few European countries that didn't take part in the Iraqi war, and a few Arab and Berber trouble makers are threatening to ruin one of the most liberal Western countries in Europe for both Blacks and Muslims.

When Europe has become too intolerable for both Blacks and Arabs....the Arabs will probably just float on back to their respective Middle Eastern countries while we bear the consequences for thier actions.

4. PurpleMoons

PurpleMoons Administrator STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,102
    I saw one Black African man and they said that some of the people are indeed arabic, african, and muslim. I couldn't stay focus on the whole story but pbs appeared be covering it in full. If I hear anything more I'll let you know Sis.

5. ibrahim

ibrahim Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ghana
    Student
    Ratings:
    +122

Sister Destee, i have also noticed those rioting and are shown on TV are mostly white people but whenever they are reporting the say North Africans.

6. Dual Karnayn

Dual Karnayn Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +7
    Black people in America should be VERY concerned about what's going on in France.

There aren't but a handful of liberal Western countries where we can go and live near the standard we live hear in America.

God forbid, if the order was given to do something to AfroAmericans in the order of a "Final Solution" where the heck could we go and live the life we're used to besides Candad and Western Europe?

Nobody else would let us in, including most African countries.

If this incident ends up pushing FRANCE to the right politically and they become intolerant of immigrants and people of color.....

What the hell do people think's gonna happen in England and America?

France and Germany are the main counterweights to Western Facism.

I'm praying for another outcome to this tragic event, or ALL of our sakes.

Black people here just don't know......

7. panafrica

panafrica Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +194
    What is happening in France is a race, religion, and class problem all rolled into one! The people rioting are mostly North Africans (Arabs); however, there are many blacks as well. They are also mostly Muslim and poor. Essentially they are frustrated with being treated as second class citizens with little prospect for employment (being able to take care of their family).

8. jamesfrmphilly

jamesfrmphilly going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    retired computer geek
    Ratings:
    +13,748
    France has a post colonial problem.