Black People : Everyone's Due the Time of Day - (ever heard this?)

Which means ... ? :11200:

Everyone means, as in the initiate.

Due equates to a form of money, or knowledge Of your current degree.

It was originally ' THIS time of day' as far as I know.

Over the years it became the time of day which of course means that everyone deserves a fair ear, or chance which ifvwe investigated i'm sure we'll bfind that it's also coded.

Yeah, I've heard it. I always thought it was a southern thing. I try to speak to everyone or at least smile, some people are really offended if you don't acknowledge their presence.

Yeah, I've heard it, but more like, "Everyone's due their time of day", I think, like everyone has their own time with you. Maybe it is a southern thing. I took it to mean, give everyone you come across the time of day, because not doing so is being straight out rude, dang it!!!
Yes, I've heard it many times when I was much younger. I don't hear it much or hardly now and if I did it is usually from the older people.

Yes, it's a Southern thang...:)

All of the above nails it, and lines up with my understanding of the intended use of the phrase.

Yes, I've heard it, my grandmother would say things like that to get her point across, and we knew exactly what she meant.
You see mama knew everyone in our little town where I was born. So, if either of us did anything disrespectful or just seen to be not socializing properly, mama would know before we got home. She'd take care of us right away, then when mother got home, we would get it again.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

TractorsPakistan.com is one of the leading tractor exporters from Pakistan to Africa and the Caribbean regions.
HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Back