Black People : Everyone's Due the Time of Day - (ever heard this?)

Destee

destee.com
destee.com
Jan 22, 2001
betwixt and between
destee.com
Occupation
Website Consultant
Peace and Blessings Family,

Everyone's Due the Time of Day

Have yall ever heard that before? I think that's how it goes. It's kinda like an old Family saying or sump'n?!

I remember growing up with this phrase, understanding that it meant ... if someone speaks politely, you speak back.

They may be saying good morning, how are you, nice day, etc., but i was to respond in like kind manner.

I did a quick search on google, and found nothing, so maybe it was just my Family ... or maybe just me?!!! ... :eeek:

Basically reciprocating polite behavior, which i grew up knowing was required of me, somehow.

Have yall ever heard this phrase, or something similar growing up?

Thanks in advance.

Much Love and Peace.

:heart:

Destee

haven't heard that phrase, nor am i sure that i've heard anything similar growing up.

however, i do know that i was taught the same way; "it doesn't hurt to say hello" or to respond when someone else does. in fact, it really kinda "hurts" when folks don't respond to a simple "hello", ya_know? (i think i just made up that phrase, but it could have been something heard so often and from such a young age that i essentially "forget" having been "taught" it, eh?)

being polite is simply nice.

No i haven't not in that manner but i've heard (Every one deserved just due) and (act accordingly just the same)
and ( Everyone deserved the time of day)

which i think they mean all the same to give a person the same as they give unto you !
if acting accordingly in a kind manner they deserved the same in return.

What I have head that is similar is that Everyone is due theIr time of day which is to say that each race or group of mankind has their time in which they rule over others and then they lose power and someone else rules. My dad explained this to me when I was a teenager.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back