Black People : Even while dying, teen won't snitch

MsInterpret

REGISTERED MEMBER
Apr 21, 2007
Police: Even while dying, teen won't talk
Cop asks: Do you know who shot you? He replies: 'I know. But I ain't telling you. . .'

042010snitch.jpg_20100419_18_08_56_56-282-400.jpg

April 20, 2010

BY FRANK MAIN Staff Reporter/fmain@suntimes.com

Robert Tate wasn't ever going to snitch -- not even when it came to his own murder, according to the Chicago Police.

Tate, 17, was shot in the chest as someone approached him on a West Side sidewalk on the evening of April 12, police say. Seeing that Tate was wounded badly and probably wouldn't make it, an officer asked: Do you know who shot you?

"I know," Tate told him. "But I ain't telling you s---."

That's according to Harrison Area Police Cmdr. Anthony Riccio, who said the murder investigation is focusing on a possible shooter -- even though Tate took his secret to the grave.

"Unfortunately it's almost a culture among the drug dealers and gang members, that code of silence, that 'don't snitch' mentality that they not only have when they're witnesses, but also when they're the victims," Riccio said.

But Tate's mother Cynthia Washington doesn't buy it.

She doesn't know how her son -- a "very respectful child" -- could have told police anything as he lay dying on the scene in the 900 block of North Avers.

"Why wouldn't he tell them who shot him?" Washington wondered. READ MORE

Police: Even while dying, teen won't talk
Cop asks: Do you know who shot you? He replies: 'I know. But I ain't telling you. . .'

042010snitch.jpg_20100419_18_08_56_56-282-400.jpg

April 20, 2010

BY FRANK MAIN Staff Reporter/fmain@suntimes.com

Robert Tate wasn't ever going to snitch -- not even when it came to his own murder, according to the Chicago Police.

Tate, 17, was shot in the chest as someone approached him on a West Side sidewalk on the evening of April 12, police say. Seeing that Tate was wounded badly and probably wouldn't make it, an officer asked: Do you know who shot you?

"I know," Tate told him. "But I ain't telling you s---."

That's according to Harrison Area Police Cmdr. Anthony Riccio, who said the murder investigation is focusing on a possible shooter -- even though Tate took his secret to the grave.

"Unfortunately it's almost a culture among the drug dealers and gang members, that code of silence, that 'don't snitch' mentality that they not only have when they're witnesses, but also when they're the victims," Riccio said.

But Tate's mother Cynthia Washington doesn't buy it.

She doesn't know how her son -- a "very respectful child" -- could have told police anything as he lay dying on the scene in the 900 block of North Avers.

"Why wouldn't he tell them who shot him?" Washington wondered. READ MORE

OH yea sounds like something I want people to brag about. NOT This is not good. If you know who done the crime turn them in.

wow......another young brother gone ......The CODE of SILENCE has become a
weapon it self a deadly one too , are we too afraid to speak or we just don't care ?

have we become death ear or just don't wanna be labled a SNITCH ?

who is bragging?
he was bragging , cause that is the kind of thing that Wiseguys say.

But the seriousness of this post and other horrors the rape of a 7 year old girl in Jersey, guys going crazy and whacking their family and then themselves, the real question is;

do we think these situations will escalate as the economy declines?
and if so what are we collectively prepared to do about it?

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

Blessings sent to all journeying in 2024 so far
Chevron Dove wrote on cherryblossom's profile.
Sis Cherryblossom,
hoping that you are at peace where ever you may be.
Back