Black People : Even while dying, teen won't snitch

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by MsInterpret, Apr 21, 2010.

1. MsInterpret

MsInterpret Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +5,447
    Police: Even while dying, teen won't talk
    Cop asks: Do you know who shot you? He replies: 'I know. But I ain't telling you. . .'

[​IMG]

April 20, 2010

BY FRANK MAIN Staff [email protected]

Robert Tate wasn't ever going to snitch -- not even when it came to his own murder, according to the Chicago Police.

Tate, 17, was shot in the chest as someone approached him on a West Side sidewalk on the evening of April 12, police say. Seeing that Tate was wounded badly and probably wouldn't make it, an officer asked: Do you know who shot you?

"I know," Tate told him. "But I ain't telling you s---."

That's according to Harrison Area Police Cmdr. Anthony Riccio, who said the murder investigation is focusing on a possible shooter -- even though Tate took his secret to the grave.

"Unfortunately it's almost a culture among the drug dealers and gang members, that code of silence, that 'don't snitch' mentality that they not only have when they're witnesses, but also when they're the victims," Riccio said.

But Tate's mother Cynthia Washington doesn't buy it.

She doesn't know how her son -- a "very respectful child" -- could have told police anything as he lay dying on the scene in the 900 block of North Avers.

"Why wouldn't he tell them who shot him?" Washington wondered. READ MORE

2. bientempo

bientempo Well-Known Member MEMBER

Dominican Republic
    Ratings:
    +165
    OH yea sounds like something I want people to brag about. NOT This is not good. If you know who done the crime turn them in.

3. MsInterpret

Ratings:
    +5,447
    who is bragging?

4. $$RICH$$

$$RICH$$ Lyon King Admin. STAFF

United States
    BUSINESS owner
    Ratings:
    +4,178
    wow......another young brother gone ......The CODE of SILENCE has become a
    weapon it self a deadly one too , are we too afraid to speak or we just don't care ?

have we become death ear or just don't wanna be labled a SNITCH ?

5. Ankhur

Ankhur Well-Known Member MEMBER

owner of various real estate concerns
    Ratings:
    +3,014
    he was bragging , cause that is the kind of thing that Wiseguys say.

But the seriousness of this post and other horrors the rape of a 7 year old girl in Jersey, guys going crazy and whacking their family and then themselves, the real question is;

do we think these situations will escalate as the economy declines?
    and if so what are we collectively prepared to do about it?

6. MsInterpret

Ratings:
    +5,447
    The world gets bad as time goes on period...As life advances so does evil.

Nothing has really changed we just know about it faster through the media and internet.

I'm pretty sure little girls was getting raped and people were still killing there families even way back in A.D.

They just didn't have the internet to inform you within a matter of seconds of it happening.

7. Ankhur

Ankhur Well-Known Member MEMBER

owner of various real estate concerns
    Ratings:
    +3,014

No disrespect sister but Black folks were not living like this 500 years ago AD

That is why it is important to know how we were living back then

and that is why our history is so important because the lack of a knowledge of self is why 98 percent of this degradation is going on!

As for the future of the economic condition of the nation that you live in being just another cycle , I would suggest one actually look at and read the economic indicators and what exactly keeps a capitalist economy afloat, and what makes it sink.

8. MsInterpret

Ratings:
    +5,447
    UM did I say black people?

9. MsInterpret

Ratings:
    +5,447
    Lets get it together...I know my name is MsInterpret but please try not to misinterpret what I am saying...Thank you.

10. medusanegrita

medusanegrita Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +565
    Oh well let his ___ die then.

Sad to say since I just said no child is a lost cause in that thread about the older generation teaching something to the younger -
    but if you a young gangbangin and drugdealin deader who couldn't teach anythang to anybody in yo short life but to be a wisecrackin deader on your way to the grave, then you are a lost cause. BUL-BYE! :wave:

Code of silence my u-no-wut.
    That's a very simplistic way to define this and I don't think it's that.

Me guesses he thought the police wasn't gonna do anything to solve his murder anyway - he being just another _____ (young black man) dead.

You know todays youth don't like or respect the police. Hell I don't either. They are a necessary evil. I will call them when I need 'em and BE THERE is what they are suppose to do whether I like them or not. But I don't like'em. And neither does any other young or middle age black person I know.

2ndly (or 3rdly or 4thly or wherever I'm at), maybe he thought he wasn't gonna die so he wouldn't have to snitch.
    He could then prepare for a revenge shot instead and that would be another ____ (young black man) dead or wounded.
    As long as they are black, who really gives a durn 'eh? (**sarcasm**)

And apparently, when people live this type of life, they know or figure they gonna die anyway.
    It's 'killed or be killed' and if that's where your head is at - then you accept that and figure there ain't no honor or value in tellin who shot you and is gonna make you a deader. So you accept your death as apart of the life you lived.

So when you hate the police and think they won't be able to solve your murder, when many black men die everyday and it's just another (that-word) dead, and when you accept murder as the fate of the life you live - that (to me) explains his response to the police upon his death than any 'code of the streets' does.

Yeah, really, what the hell does she know? Every momma of every son who gang bangs, intimidates, rapes, shoots, or sell drugs thinks they have a 'nice respectful son' that everybody else just can't see the good in. Mommas are often blind that way. She sounds like she is out of it.

:rolleyes: Yeah, she is out of it too. He was probably slidin the moms some drug money to help pay the rent. That's is not to indicate that she does drugs or alcohol or prostitutes or any of the above (even if she did, I ain't sayin that because that wasn't indicated), but I know when parents, especially single and poor parents - need to make ends meet, they may look over some of the things their kids do in want of a little help in the finance department. And then they go to church and pray everyday for the safety of that kid......

'Dear Lord,
    Please keep safe my drug-dealin and gang-bangin kid who occasionally steals and shoots people and serves time in jail to get money for the rocks and name-brand shoes and clothes he has to sport as 'uniform' for being a drug dealer... for he is a very good and respectful kid and I luvs him lord. I luvs him.'
    :rolleyes:

And yet they keep dyin in the streets. I just don't get it :em3700: :rolleyes:

Now granted - some murderers and drug dealers and gang-bangers are just wayward souls with good hearts who resorted to crime out because of no one to guide them.... I get that. But the mommas are still blind and many them cain't even tell you that they son had problems or was engage in the wrong kind of stuff... probably for fear of realizin that it reflects back on them.

That's why folks like Bill Cosby ain't gonna do nothing to help the masses of poor black folks with problems - because they ashamed and he does nothing but throw shame up in their faces.

2ndly - she might be tellin the truth and maybe the police are lyin about what her son said at his death. But they was there and she wasn't and maybe she's just one of those blind mommas talkin about how good her gang-bangin and drug-dealin son was.

Oh well, there's another young ____ (brotha) gone.
    I'm sure that will contribute to the future black male shortage for our young women of that time :rolleyes: (note sarcasm but I probably aint lyin)

:SuN049: I think maybe he would have preferred the stitches to this current outcome, don't you? :em3700:

In that case, he shoulda snitched if stitches was the worse thang he could get.

I guess it's hard to rhyme snitches and death.