Black People : Question on something that has been bothering me for a while?

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by Marik, Apr 7, 2017.

1. Marik

Marik New Member MEMBER

Canada
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi all. So basically, I am black teen living in Canada. I have lived internationally my whole life and have made friends of various ethnic groups(white, black, asian, indian, etc) and have encountered nasty people regardless of their race(Bullies of mine were white, black and asian), so I guess you could say I am pretty open minded. Recently I have been keeping up with all the racial issues so far that have come to light and I was wondering. As a black person, should I feel distrust/wary towards white people? I mean, I personally don't want to but I see some users on this sub express this and I feel like maybe a race traitor if I am not. What do you think?

2. jamesfrmphilly

jamesfrmphilly going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    retired computer geek
    Ratings:
    +14,678
    u do u.....

3. baller

baller Well-Known Member MEMBER

Canada
    Ratings:
    +871
    first of all, white people in the U.S. and white people in Canada have different agendas; you could be judging apples and oranges. Historically, white people (U.S.), as a whole, have shown their deceptive nature, when it comes to us...though, it's not true for ALL. There are white people who have fought, and died, in the fight for human rights; are they, necessarily, against you. I can't tell you what your decision making process should be...but, as a suggestion, maybe you should consider people individually, instead of a race. If there are individuals who have shown themselves unworthy of your trust, you probably shouldn't trust them. If others treat you respectfully, maybe you should respect them. Not all white people are your enemy. Of course, that's just my opinion.

4. Precise Allah

Precise Allah Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Peacemaker
    Ratings:
    +871
    Peace,

I've spent time in Canada and I can say from my own experience that white people in Canada seem different from white people in America. With that said, if you ever spend any time in America, watch your back around white people. Deciding on who's worthy of trust is something you will have to depend on your own moral compass for.

Peace

5. jamesfrmphilly

jamesfrmphilly going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    retired computer geek
    Ratings:
    +14,678
    and welcome to the site....:welcome1: