Kenya : Dog Food Sent To Starving Kenyans

neither of us ever endorsed this d@mn dog food!! all either of us were ever trying to say is that when it's a choice of eating and living or starving and dying, one is gonna go for the living choice. i never did get to the point of expressing my indignation over this brand new demonstration of the depths of depravity and evil "certain people" live in. but that really shouldn't have needed expressing, now should it? <whew!> wow, you guys!! smh ... do you really think that i would advocate, or support, some one sending anyone dog food? gee, thanks, "family" ...

i'm a concrete kinda guy, and i always lean toward the functional side of things. therefore, why don't we move on to a couple of really neat thoughts that came out of this thread.

i see karmashines got a thread going about food donations. kewl. brainstorming, connecting, figuring shipping costs, storage locations, collection mechanisms, shipping, etc., would be good talking points in there.

i got quite intrigued by that idea of esusus. (actually, pan; it started as a mention - it could have gone either, or both, ways. at that point, it was merely one of two concepts mentioned with no thought/discussion, at that point, as to how the concept was to be applied.) i don't recall right off, and i think i'm gonna log outta here before looking, but was your mention in a stand alone thread, riada, or should a fresh thread be started around building an esusu or twenty?

anAfrican said:
well, shoot! i had a doctor's appointment this afternoon, and have been gone. while out, i actually did come to the thought that this would be a "good" example of the vague "feelings" that i've been growing. i am, still, hesitant to actually go there. i absolutely had NO intention of even mentioning it here. but .. shoot!<sigh> i'm sure that you didn't. and i fully expected this response from you. so, to answer your question to all of us in that other thread; why should we bother?

actually, that's one of the bits; his responses never seemed to quite respond to the words that i posted. as usual, there was something very minor in what i said that was "responded to" out of, and out in, "left field" ... but i responded to what he said and off we kept going. (why oh why did you pollute this thread by bringing this in here!! move this over there?) i really do believe that you read it wrong, but he said nothing about someone else sending cat and bird food. he asked if poetic and i were gonna chip in our cans of dog food and any cat food and bird seed that we might have. i took that quite uncomfortably.

Brother anAfrican ... you accused Brother Pan, a Moderator, of breaking our rules by personally attacking you. That's no small charge in this community. Yet you say you don't want to go there?!! In light of the complaint discussion, one would think you'd be glad i'm here making note of your complaints. Instead, you're complaining that i'm polluting the thread?!

Why bother you ask? The fact that i don't agree that there's been a violation, is not the final word. I will move these posts into a new thread, in the violation forum, to allow this discussion, Pan's alledged violation, to continue. The Family can then decide, after reviewing all that's been said, if a violation has occurred. I won't even vote.

Just say the word, and we can continue this there, if you truly believe you've been personally attacked.

If you don't want to make it an official complaint, reviewed by the Family, you should stop saying it.

:heart:

Destee

Ms Drummond wanted to help out. I respect her for that. Her intentions were good. She has denied repeatedly that what she was sending would have been dog food. She has said that it is a powder that contains many of the ingredients that are contained in her company's dog food.I do not know whether that is true or not.

Whatever the case, the Kenya government rejected her offer because it was presented as dog food. Most Kenyans agree. Starving children are human beings. African children are human beings. The end does not justify the means. There are other ways she could go about helping. She could make a donation through existing channels. She has insulted Kenyans and our children. She does not understand our cultural context and colonial history. Our children are not puppies. However she has had the good sense to apologise.

karmashines said:
This is racism, plain and simple.

This also shows the need for African Americans to pool together economic resources both for financial independence right here and to assist others abroad. We need to have direct control over charitable organizations so we know where the money is going.

There is a money-making website that used to be hot that is having problems with Stormpay. Anyway, the owner of the website is black... and when it was in its heyday she was able to send tens of thousands for the Hurricane Katrina victims, just from the profits of that one website. I don't know how effective such a move is because it all goes back to what can or can't be trusted, but it does show the power that individuals, especially entreprenurial-minded ones have.

On point, as usual...

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

TractorsPakistan.com is one of the leading tractor exporters from Pakistan to Africa and the Caribbean regions.
HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Back