Kenya : Dog Food Sent To Starving Kenyans

cursed heart said:
Again how can I help!

This some billchit for some to argue over sillyness!
Are you guys sure you are black?
Helping should not have been debateable!
This is embarressing to see black folk with full stomachs trying to figure out if they should feed their hungry brothers and sisters!
Where's your flucking heart ?

Who on this board is arguing whether or not to help? I don't think there is anyone that doesn't agree with that.

Fayambo has given an organization that people can send money to. Does anyone know of others in existence right now to send money or food to that would take a credit card, Paypal, etc.? Ones that will actually send the food to the people that need it? Finding organizations is one thing, but what of the ones out there can be trusted fully?

karmashines said:
Who on this board is arguing whether or not to help? I don't think there is anyone that doesn't agree with that.

Fayambo has given an organization that people can send money to. Does anyone know of others in existence right now to send money or food to that would take a credit card, Paypal, etc.? Ones that will actually send the food to the people that need it? Finding organizations is one thing, but what of the ones out there can be trusted fully?

Maybe you didn't read the entire post!
Regarding helping our people, one of the sisters started a new thread!

cursed heart said:
Maybe you didn't read the entire post!
Regarding helping our people, one of the sisters started a new thread!

I have read most of the threads here and started another one (though I'm not sure if that's the one you're referring to).

The main issue that's being argued is the racism behind Ms. Drummond's helping. I have not seen any post arguing whether or not we, as Black Americans, should help. That's pretty much a given... the question is how, some of which has been explored here and in the other thread.

It would be my wish to see us start something on our own while ironing out the political and economic kinks, but this can be difficult without establishing a more powerful base of support (churches, etc.). It will also take time and patience, which a person who is starving doesn't have. So if there is an organization that is trustworthy that people can send funds to right now, that would still be effective and get the job done immediately. Sending funds there could be done in the interim while trying to establish something 'directly'.

The fact that Poetic has been to Afrika and seen the face of starvation is of immeasurable importance. She knows something that most of us don't know. What you all see on TV only illustrates a fraction of the horror of starvation. Starvation is one of the most horrible ways to die. It is truly slow torture. It's not an easy death. Your systems slowly shut down and your body actually begins to attempt to consume itself. It is extraordinarily painful. When you see those starving babies on TV they are in great pain. Same with the adults.

It is an absolutely horrible thought that Afrikans would be placed in a situation where they needed consume dog food to survive. It is absolutely horrible that considering all the food that gets wasted, and considering that we all know that there could be enough "human" food produced to feed these people, that someone would offer them dog food.

All the people here who would rather watch those people die of starvation have a lot of nerve. Take your big words, and your righteous indignation to Afrika and try to live there. And if you one day have to look into the face of your infant who is starving to death right in front of your eyes, tell me you would not wish for whatever you needed to keep that child alive. If my kids where starving I'd cut my arm off and cook it and feed it to them to keep them alive. You people with your big refrigerators and grocery stores. Trying to insert your morality into a situation where it has no place. People who are starving don't give a **** about your morality. People who are starving aint worrying about the ethical/racial implications of feeding dog food to Afrikans. The only people who care about gauging the philosophical integrity of feeding Afrikans dog food is people who got a gut full of food.

The only person who can decide what is good for a starving person to eat is the person who is starving. Some of you all have a hell of a lot of nerve.

Malik

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back