Cross Cultural Adoptions - Are you for or against it ???

How do you feel about "cross-culture" adoptions ???

• Sure - The most important thing is finding a good home for the child

Votes: 2 18.2%
  • No - Under no circumstances...absolutely NOT !!!

Votes: 2 18.2%
  • It depends on the situation - maybe for special needs children

Votes: 1 9.1%
  • I dunno - I really have no opinion either way

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mixed feelings - I feel for both the children AND the adoptive parents

Votes: 6 54.5%

• Total voters
Well alrighty then...

Keita said:
The very idea that this question is posed goes to show you how much of our african value system we have lost or that has been taken away.

Brutha Keita,

The fact that this question was posed reflects my interest in knowing other folk's opinions on a subject that affects black and other so called "minority" children in our communities...nothing more...nothing less. It in no way
reflects my african based value system...lost, taken, or otherwise. Why
not participate in this discussion in a constructive rather than critical manner ?

Akilah said:
Brutha Keita,

The fact that this question was posed reflects my interest in knowing other folk's opinions on a subject that affects black and other so called "minority" children in our communities...nothing more...nothing less. It in no way
reflects my african based value system...lost, taken, or otherwise. Why
not participate in this discussion in a constructive rather than critical manner ?

I agree... though I am not sure whether Keita was referring to you directly or stating something in general.

Regardless, as long as there are black children in foster care (which unfortunately there are in large numbers), and as long as there are 'others' who are interested in adopting them, this will be an issue. And until blacks, (especially those that are ardently against 'others' adopting), take these children in... it will either be a life in foster care never feeling loved, (and still possibly having to live in a white home at some point in time), or being in the care of another race with some love from the parents but getting racist hell from society.

soulsearcher said:
as long as there are black children in foster care (which unfortunately there are in large numbers), and as long as there are 'others' who are interested in adopting them, this will be an issue. And until blacks, (especially those that are ardently against 'others' adopting), take these children in... it will either be a life in foster care never feeling loved, (and still possibly having to live in a white home at some point in time), or being in the care of another race with some love from the parents but getting racist hell from society.

Talk about a double edged sword!

soulsearcher said:
I agree... though I am not sure whether Keita was referring to you directly or stating something in general.

Regardless, as long as there are black children in foster care (which unfortunately there are in large numbers), and as long as there are 'others' who are interested in adopting them, this will be an issue. And until blacks, (especially those that are ardently against 'others' adopting), take these children in... it will either be a life in foster care never feeling loved, (and still possibly having to live in a white home at some point in time), or being in the care of another race with some love from the parents but getting racist hell from society.
I agree. I don't think Keita's statement was intended to be a direct accusation. I personally am aware of the fact that Africans historically have banned together in efforts to raise villages of black youth. Even as recently as the 1970's, this tradition of black parents in the community taking on partial responsibilty, were adhered to. Only of recent decades, have we somewhat disconnected ourselves from this former commonality.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

TractorsPakistan.com is one of the leading tractor exporters from Pakistan to Africa and the Caribbean regions.
HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Back