Black People : Could this be more un-Democratic??

Opinion

Hmmmmm. I'm still weighing a lot of things.

Yes this is a national tragedy and it affects all of those born on AMERICAN soil.

War is nothing new. Terrorism is nothing new. Death is nothing new.

This tragedy is more than what it is. More than what is seen on television. More than speeches. More than flag waving. More than singing and candle vigils.

All that I ask is for people to be informed on all aspects of this tragedy. This did not happen by some fluke chance.

There is nothing wrong with questioning and exploring every feeling and inquiry that THIS tragedy has.

Let those who want to mourn, mourn. Let those who want to protect, protect. Let those who want to protest, protest. And let those who want to suggest, suggest.

Well Yeshujah

I read it I am baffled.. What happen to our rights and I feel as though they have just gone out the door. See i can only say what affects me.. but to see how this has affected others and its impact on the world itself bothers me... I agree with that fired reporter.. I am nervous to see the future. We as American personally need to get ourselves right cause all these actions taken place lately truly ridiculous.. they keep this up.. we will aslo beefing with ourselves. Not to mention it insults us and show how stupid we as american are to allow the government to even control us.... but let me shut my mouth before i end up somewhere.. if its that serious.. then i'm going to do whats best... for now...( and that comment alone is sad) For me to even have to say such a thing....

Also, I see you are from Florida.. how is everything down their.. I know thats where they found the anthorax disease.. are you located near their?.. you have any detailed info on it being that you're from that state?

And Nex: I am in agreement with you.. except on the last verse: Let those who want to mourn, mourn. Let those who want to protect, protect. Let those who want to protest, protest. And let those who want to suggest, suggest.
Unfortunately.. it seems after reading these past columns that this is not the case.. See our suggestions aren't really heard when you think about.. what about all our complaints to this past election... they were dismissed.. and right now.. our rights are being dismissed... And more than anything our freedom of speech.. Cause for the most part that starts with the journalist.. but it ends up affecting us as whole... they want to have ID's for all American.. Like i said before.. I wonder what the future has instore for us all....

its a sad thing to see.

nexis5, I share your concerns about not being able to openly voice any and all opinions about the Sept 11th tragedy. I think it behooves us to be very careful what we say, and to who we say it. Sure, it is not the American thing to have to do, but in the wake of this event much of what passed for 'American' is being traded in for collective security touted in the name of Patriotism. Thank you for your comments.

shanek, I agree with you on many counts.. this whole thing presents a future that can become very uncomfortable for anyone who chooses to think for themselves. I feel that it is quite possible that we are headed back to the McCarty era. It is sad to see America descending to the very depths the Russians are trying to come out of. Whenever a society looses its ability to self critique without individual reprisal it looses its ability to sustain true democracy. As far as the whole anthrax thing goes, I am about 300 miles away outside of Orlando. I cannot give you any more information than you are getting on the news. Thank you also for reading and commenting on this article.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

TractorsPakistan.com is one of the leading tractor exporters from Pakistan to Africa and the Caribbean regions.
HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Back