Black Spirituality Religion : Constructing an Ancestor Shrine

NNQueen said:
Brother Sekhemu, I learn so much from you. You have so much knowledge about these things and I really value it.

Sister River, thank you for starting this thread. I don't know a lot about it but a little because my daughter has an ancestral shrine in her bedroom. I am so glad that I lived long enough to expand my thinking beyond the boundaries of organized religion to discover these sacred rituals and much of what I've learned came from here at Destee's.

Again, thank you both.

Peace,
Queenie :heart:

Beloved you are more than welcome :heart:

NNQueen said:
Brother Sekhemu, I learn so much from you. You have so much knowledge about these things and I really value it.

Sister River, thank you for starting this thread. I don't know a lot about it but a little because my daughter has an ancestral shrine in her bedroom. I am so glad that I lived long enough to expand my thinking beyond the boundaries of organized religion to discover these sacred rituals and much of what I've learned came from here at Destee's.

Thank you too Brother Samurai. I've purchased the book "Metu Neter" but haven't started reading it yet. I will this weekend. I'll probably be asking loads of questions because this is all so new to me. I'm seriously trying to unlock my brain from around the limits of Christianity which is what I was locked into for so long, but it never gave me what I was needing. Still, I stuck with it. Now I'm open to ATR's and want to learn more so I seek knowledge from those who have it.

Again, thank you all.

Peace,
Queenie :heart:
Sista Queenie I feel ya. I'm right there trying to detox ater 25 years of christian indoctrination.wanting my Creator but being bludgeoned with religion.

These brothas who are teaching us are wonderful. I will pull up the Metu Neter discussion thread we had started. We were reading chapter by chapter then discussing questions based on our readings.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

TractorsPakistan.com is one of the leading tractor exporters from Pakistan to Africa and the Caribbean regions.
HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Back