Black Spirituality Religion : CONSTRUCTING YOUR PERSONAL "TALISMAN"

Discussion in 'Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion' started by Metaverse, Jun 20, 2008.

1. Metaverse

Metaverse Well-Known Member MEMBER

Media Designer
    Ratings:
    +424
    Objects of Power.

The upcoming summer equinox will be the perfect time for this, but in general anytime on the planet where the energy level is high- during a full moon for example is a great time to construct a talisman. Of course based on this idea any devoted rise in energy and consciousness can serve as a perfect environment to give birth to an object of power.

What is a Talisman? This can be any object strained with the power of our concentrated thought, intent, desire and spiritual pleasure. It is meant to bring you luck, your dream into manifest, it is meant to protect you. It can be created to serve any purpose.

Throughout African history such objects have been passed on and even killed for. The same is true today. And some scholars believe all the powers on Earth harnessed and kept by Man can be traced back to some type of "object of power." Basically this is what all those "Indiana Jones" movies are all about.

The concept behind a "Talisman" is identical to the concept we previously discussed concerning "astral entities." But in the case of the Talisman, this is a physical object that once forged is stained with the energy of our intent during a period of high fields of energy.

[​IMG]

It's not uncommon for talismans to be forged using sigils and other magikal languages. All types of codes, astrology and even numerology can go into the designing of these objects of power. The materials/metals can also have a significant effect on the "mind" of it's creator as well.

So it is true that a Talisman can be a piece of jewelry, a ring, a pendant, but not always. The bones of Ancestors, skulls and even drums have been used as our Talismans in the past. And sometimes a Talisman can be a weapon, like a sword or a stick coded with several different enchantments.

Your Talisman's purpose is up to you. It can serve a large majority of functions, the programming of your Talisman is destined by the level of concentration in your mind.

Of course in the our past, our Talismans were forged by highly skilled people who were born, trained and initiated into that craft. Be confident that because you are still here, you at least have gifts that have served you well, Ancestors and spirits that are among you will guide you to the perfect construction of your Talisman.

The first thing we have to think about is what materials to use. Personally I prefer clay, and that is only because I am an artist and I enjoy molding objects from clay. There is actually a new clay I've been meaning to try for the last 4 months called "precious metal clay" with this you can design your own jewelry from clay and then torch it to reveal beautiful silver. Precious metal clay would be perfect in this regard to make a pendant that can be worn around the neck.

Since precious metal clay can get pricey-
    for now, polymers clay suits me just fine.
    [​IMG]

Don't get nervous if you're not one of those artsy types, clay is only an option. I've seen wonderful Talismans made by people who are not artistic at all, but they are good selectors and know how to follow their spirit. Natural objects that attract you in your backyard or in the park can serve as your Talisman. The key is to unite these objects into some type of vessel like a wooden bowl or anything that compliment the "vibe" of those objects and your intent.

For example, different types of stones that have a marble look, shells, even butterfly wings can work.

[​IMG]
    I have 2 dogday flies in a container my Queen has been trying to get me to throw away from years now. But because these insects are so rare and because I experienced a spiritual upliftment when I found the first one- this container serves as an object of power for me.

When our Ancients made their drums that were used as Talismans, it is said they used the trees that "asked" to be made into drums, and the skin of animals that desired to be part of the spirit of the tribe. Animal skin and wood are powerful conductors for our spirits. The natives used these elements as well. The feathers of mighty birds are also a special touch for the magikal objects of the Natives and Africans.

Once you decide on your objects or what you will create, create something that can be held in some way. It is important that is something you can use to reflect on meditate with or perform rituals with later on.

During a high vibrational period, the goal is to hold this object in your hands and focus on it in your most powerful manner. Your thoughts and your entire body should be visualized as a fire consuming this object. Focus on your intent and within your mind's eye see that intent moving out of you and into this object. Repeat this consistently throughout a period longer that 20-40 minutes. Do whatever you must to be able to focus on this act, so if you have to perform a ritual as well, do that. This is very important. The key is the birthing process, without it a Talisman is nothing.

The spirit of your environment is there to aid you during this process. So it's also a good idea to summon those energies, the cosmos, the earth, the Gods, the spirits, the Ancestors- all of them should be called into attendance as you create this object of power. Your significant other can be part of this forging as well- IF this person can hold your exact intent. This is also why the forging of a Talisman can also be done as a component of sex magick. Be sure that you are your mate are focused on the correct agenda.

There are other very elaborate steps that can be used to forge a Talisman, like getting naked and sitting within a circle of candles with your object in hand. And if this will bring out your "higher self" then do it. If masturbating while holding your object - (the new one) in hand will bring out your higher self, then do that. Whatever produces your highest level of self this is what you should be doing in order to forge this object of power.

After the forging ritual, the Talisman should be wrapped up, just a a baby that has just come out of the womb. It should also be named. A good powerful name for your Talisman will reward you in the end. Even without the Talisman close by a degree of it's power can be summoned to you through it's name.

Some people wrap up their Talisman in white cloth and place it outside where the moonlight can hit it, this is done in a sense to complete the charging up process of the object. It all depends on you, how do you feel about your "baby."

Let the Talisman rest for awhile. At least until the next day. And from there you can begin "feeding" the object. This is also a very important part of constructing your personal Talisman. Depending on why you created it in the first place, you will have to take this object in hand everytime you are experiencing a situation that you would like this Talisman to produce. So for example. If your Talisman was forged as a protection object, don't pick it up when you feel afraid or in fear, but pick it up and hold it when you feel safe and protected. Focus that feeling and project it into your Talisman. This is something you should continue to do for at least 2-3 weeks.

Be certain never to lend any thoughts to your Talisman that are against it's purpose during this period. But again, if you are in touch with your higher self, that energy will guide across this process.

Now, it's also true that these same instructions can be used to create a Talisman as a gift for someone you like don't like.....or for much darker purposes.

Like I said, the purpose for your Talisman, is up to you.

2. Blackbird

Blackbird Well-Known Member MEMBER

Professional Hitman
    Ratings:
    +1,822
    Brother Meta,

You touched on some very deep stuff and provided really good information. The mojo bag in rootwork is a talisman as well. Before a rootworker creates a toby, s/he first sit and think about what the intent is. The rootworker forms a what I call primary intent - to draw money. Next the worker visualizes how her/his work will draw money. It is similiar to brainstorming when one is writing. I develop my initial or primary intent and then create a variety of "bubbles" around it to organize it into an action I can see clearly. Afterwards, I pull from my knowledge of herbs, roots and rituals that fit my intent and corresponding action. I gather all the items I need to create my bag.

Next I enter into a state of "coolness" and began to re-visualize my objective. I like sigils to place my items on so I create a sigil to my intent. I perform actions to "heat" myself and my visualization to a point of pure emphasis. Once at that point, I ***** myself to draw blood, infused with my intent, and place drops of blood on my sigil. I light a candle, sometimes engraved, and began without interruption and in pure concentration to make my toby. I place my items in and breath into it with breathe laden with my intent. Sometimes I blow cigar smoke in it. I close the toby and baptize it and name it. I leave it for a total of seven days next to my burning candle and invoke my "helpers" to enhance it with more ase. To make sure its activated I "feed" it.

Blackbird

3. Metaverse

Media Designer
    Ratings:
    +424
    I just love to provide the stage Bro. BlackBird- and for you, Bro. Darkside and others to provide the really serious and heavy information. I don't know why, but I get the sense that we will be needing some of these Talismans very soon.

My Grandmother used to make mojo bags. They were made usually for the newborn babies in the family. I had one too, while I don't have the slightest idea what was in them, I know they are blue and are pinned under the clothing of the baby. It is said to protect them from the negative thoughts of others, especially of Women jealous of the Mother.

[​IMG]

I know we discussed this one in the past, the black fist pendent and is also used for protection and to ward off negative spirits. But you know I often wonder about this. Since these objects of protection and power were so important to our Ancestors, why have some of us slowly moved away from them? Could the state of our race be pointed at this very thing? Perhaps we did need those objects to protect us from certain energies? And without them we are bombarded with a life full of distractions and forces that seek to knock us off course?

4. lite16

lite16 Well-Known Member MEMBER

Self-employed
    Ratings:
    +3
    Talisman

Very interesting.. I wonder, I have a bracelet that I found with my husband's things. I don't know why but I was very drawn to it. I wear it almost all of the time. I'm not sure of the metal although it looks silver. It looks as if it has been obviously welded together. The most interesting part of it is that it has these symbols on it. I figured it was an old arabic prayer or writing since that is his family's background and is grandfather was a shaman. Well, one day I met some men from the middle east and they looked at it and asked me where i got it. I told them and they said it's not arabic. it is much older. If I could draw one fo the reoccuring symbols on the bracelet, it would look like a flat horizontal diamond with a dot in the middle. Could it be used as a talisman or should i start from scratch?..

5. Metaverse

Media Designer
    Ratings:
    +424
    Lite16, if you were drawn to it like that it's possible that bracelet was already used as a shamanic tool. If you notice a feeling of good energy when you wear it then it is already your Talisman, it's just a matter of appointing it as such.

In your case, this Talisman- while you may not realize it yet, was given to you as a gift from your Ancestors or guides of your Husband. It feels like it was something meant to "keep you out of trouble" but try your best to experiment with the energy flow coming from this bracelet that way you will know for certain.

To appoint a Talisman of a previous owner as your own, it's a simple matter of "re-heating" the object, and thanking the spirits you believe allowed you to have it. Since the bracelet is already an object of power it doesn't need to be "cleared" which is something that is usually done with an object that was used before. The object could be smoked out with sage if you wanted to clear it.

During the equinox, or during a full moon or any period of high energy - devote your mind to the task of accepting the Talisman as a gift and appointing it as your personal object of power. Hold it in your hands, close your eyes and visualize the ceremonial giving of this gift. This is something passed on to you for a reason. See and understand why this was the case.
    Allow your energy to pass into the object, visualize your energy (whatever color that might be) moving into it and bringing it's symbols to life. Repeating this act until you feel a stronger connection with your Talisman.

In some cases, if we are accepting a Talisman from another creator, we would dress this object in special oils, oils that have been already fused with our intent. This may not be necessary with your Talisman especially since it was something you were drawn to already.

6. lite16

lite16 Well-Known Member MEMBER

Self-employed
    Ratings:
    +3
    Talisman

MetaSaience-
    thank you- I got right on that. Also, found out that the bracelet came from my husband's sister. And She got it from a former male friend. He is from India. Funny how I end up with it. No one else seemed to want it.

7. Metaverse

Media Designer
    Ratings:
    +424
    If the bracelet is from India it's possible some of the symbols on the bracelet are in sanskrit. It's possible your bracelet is an 'Amulet" - Talismans can also be called Amulets and sometimes personal jewelry like bracelets and objects worn on the body can be referred to as "Amulets." They both possess "some" of the same features. I'm sure we can recall allot of cartoons we watched as children where the Villain was always trying to get his hands on some type of powerful Amulet or object of power.

Amulets & Talismans

An Amulet is an object which has intrinsic power to give protection to its wearer, whereas a Talisman is specifically made to achieve a particular purpose. Amulets give protection by absorbing negative energies, while Talismans work by generating a positive force to achieve their objective. Both work like self charging solar batteries and are constructed in a way which links them with the appropriate planetary force concerned for the intention.

I've said this before, but most religions were not only founded on such objects of power and spiritcraft, but they are controlled by them. Yet, these same religions keep their followers away from this knowledge for a reason. Religion will always fight hard to keep their followers away from the very powers that the religion uses to put spells and incantations on their followers. Muslims for example would have the entire world believe they are beyond spiritcraft, Talismans, Amulets and the like, the is however not true in the real world, nor was it true for the history of islam.

8. QoS

QoS Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +0
    MetaSaience,

I've been reading your posts for long time now and have learned so much from you. I have much to say but first about constructing your talisman...

I have a special stone that I took back with me from the Khufu's pyramid. When I first entered the passageway, well I can't tell you the emotions and strong vibes I received, but anyway, as I walked a few steps further inside I noticed a few rocks that were broken off (stone that shimmers - crystallized). No one else saw them but me so I picked up the 2 biggest pieces as souvenirs. I mentioned to my driver in egypt of what I found and he looked at me like i was crazy asking how did i get it. I said it must have broken off, how else. There are many loose rocks around the pyramids that i collected too but these two from inside the pyramid are different. The larger one I kept for myself and the other I gave to an ex-boyfriend. This was 10 years ago and up until this day whenever I hold the rock in my hand I feel a power. Similar to the feeling you get when you are near the pyramids in person. I don't know what I have and its potential. I have never used it to induce meditation or channeling of that sort because I've been afraid of what I would experience. I've never cleaned it, like with sage as you mentioned and wanted some advice from you.

Now I've been reading your posts as well as Brother Darkside and starting reading and researching again because of you two. For the last 5-6 years, I've been suppressing my dreams which are prophetic and visions while awake deliberately. I'm also one that sense other people's auras and get depressed when I'm around negative people, not knowing if its me or them sometimes. Sometimes its so strong I have to leave social settings because of it. I suffer from anxiety, too, especially since my parents divorced and I moved to Florida from NYC. So i feel like i went backwards but my spirit is telling me its time to begin my journey again and somehow that rock I have in my possession may help me because I feel better when i hold it my hand but only for that moment.

Love

9. DARKSIDE MAGICK

DARKSIDE MAGICK Well-Known Member MEMBER

SORCERER
    Ratings:
    +674
    CHAOS

ONE WAY WHICH I CHARGE A AMULETS OR TAILSMAN IS THE USE OF BODILY FLUIDS. IF IM USING A VEVE OR GOETIA SYMBOL , I WOULD GET THE SYMBOL(S) AND PUT IT ON MY ALTAR AND THEN PUT THE BODILY FLUIDS WHILE DOING MY RITUAL AND BANG IT IS READY FOR ACTION. ALSO ANOTHER GREAT WAY IS USING SALVIA. GET THE SYMBOL THAT YOU WANT TO USE AND THEN GO INTO A DARK ROOM OR IF YOU HAVE A CHAMBER LIKE I DO WHICH IS CHARGED AND LAY DOWN AND TAKE THE SALVIA AND SLOWLY THINK ABOUT THE SYMBOL WHILE YOU CLUTCH IT.WHEN YOU CROSSOVER IN THE FIRST FEW MINUTES YOU GOING TO SEE ALL KIND OF WEIRD COLORS AND GEOMETRIC SHAPES, ONCE U GET PAST THAT YOU WILL SEE THE ENTITY BEHIND YOUR SYMBOL AND YOU CONVERSE WITH IT AND ASK QUESTION WHAT NOT.WHEN YOU COME BACK FROM YOUR "TRIP" YR SYMBOL IS NOW CHARGE AND U CAN WEAR IT ON YOU OR KEEP IT ON YOUR ALTAR.

10. Metaverse

Media Designer
    Ratings:
    +424
    That is definitely a strong technique Bro. Darkside. I'm looking into designing some of the symbols/sigils that have been flooding my mind lately into talismans.
    but I get so many. I already have 2 notes books filled with sketches. I found this video interesting in that regard:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0f05xyMeH04

QoS - I'm grateful that you enjoy reading my exploits! Of course I can't always take the credit for this cypher of spiritual intelligence that happens so often around here. I'm here to learn as well.

I was wondering also how did you get the stone out of Egypt. Now I see why. Perhaps it was meant for you to have it, now that you've reached the point of understanding what it could be used for.

I'll be back with more info.

Users found this page by searching for:

1. talisman

2. how to give a tailsman power through your ancestors