Black People : Celebrating M. L. King Jr. amongst your own

dustyelbow

REGISTERED MEMBER
Oct 25, 2005
So far I DONT SEE any READILY post on MARTIN LUTHER KING Jr. ANYWHERE.

Did he and/or his message make an impact or is this a FREEBY DAY to DO WHAT IS ON YOUR MIND.

TUNED into the SAME MESSAGE every YEAR.

Is it GETTING OLD like each time you CELEBRATE YOUR BIRTHDAY,

Recently there has been SILENT CRITICISM of KING from all ANGLES in and out of the COMMUNITY.

In the COMMUNITY I have heard a few members of generation later after KING'S DEATH call him a COON (for an alleged INTERRACIAL matter) while comparing his WORK to MALCOLM X work, just like a CURSED WHITE CITIZEN.

Out of the COMMUNITY, I have heard that KING is about FIGHTING for BLACK PEOPLE having EQUAL RIGHTS not ADDRESSING CONCERNS to US ALL IN THE NATION.

Yeah both groups plus more will honor KING with their LIPS ONCE AGAIN but do not 'DO LIKE KING'.

Yeah, there will be a BREAKFAST and following that a LUNCH.

The NATION can AT LEAST AGREE TO EAT to HONOR Dr. MARTIN LUTHER KING.

Might as well SHOP and DO WHAT IS ON YOUR MIND.

They are not in the BUSINESS of FINISHING his WORK or HEARING and the MEDIA isnt EITHER.

SO what WORK am I SUGGESTING that MARTIN LUTHER KING Jr left BEHIND.

Look around the TABLE while you EAT.

Do you see anybody POOR CRUSHED by the WEIGHT of SOCIETY PEOPLE eating with YOU?

Or do you see SPOTLESS PEOPLE with MARVELOUS DRESS talking about how good ol' MARTIN LUTHER KING JR made their DAY in the NATION, today.

They may even talk about all the GOOD THINGS besides MARTIN LUTHER KING JR they will find FIT to do TODAY.

More work needs to be DONE in BLACK and WHITE seeing EYE to EYE in the OFFICE.

Just to let US KNOW..

Martin Luther King in his LAST DAYS started SOMETHING CALLED the POOR PEOPLE'S CAMPAIGN.

AIMED at those in POVERTY and bringing ECONOMIC JUSTICE.

Even KING'S DIRECT FOLLOWERS or TEAM could not HANDLE the WORK of this SECOND PHASE.

It's just too FAR OUT THERE...LIKE A DREAM. For EVERYONE in the NATION.

And that is what TOMORROW will be like HOW TO MAKE YOUR DREAMS come TRUE in the SYSTEM and not those in POVERTY and suffering ECONOMIC INJUSTICE.

That's the NATION at WORK.

Oh well.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

TractorsPakistan.com is one of the leading tractor exporters from Pakistan to Africa and the Caribbean regions.
HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Back