Brother Excel10k

Status
Not open for further replies.
I to was like you at one time in my life. I have just realized that "Regardless of what a Sistah says I will lead by example". Im not a Christian but once was and I must ask you this "Does your book not preach Turn the other cheek?'" The Qu'Ran teaches that there is "No" compulsion in religion, to you is yours and to me is mine. I agree there must be respect from both sides of the fence. With that said, even tho u feel disrespected and that she is arrogant, it doesn't matter. You being a devout Christian (from what I have read) are "Obligated" to show forgiveness, am I correct? If you lead by example you will do much better than taking a stubborn, "Personal" stance on this.
From just dealing with this on a ethnic issue. We all are the same. We face the same problems year in and year out. This is your Sistah and even if she disrespects you a million times you must forgive her. The Black Woman has been disrespected for years on top of years and it must stop. She feels disrespected by you so I say apologize to her. Im sure that your shoulders and ego can handle that. Besides, it's time to give our Sistahs their due. If they cant get it from us, who then?
The Sistah deserves an apology jus because she is a Sistah and has carried the weight for us.
Think about it Bro.
Ma'at Hetep

OK, please understand that this entire issue is not something I am considering lightly. I am trying to look at it from all persectives.

Forgiveness here is not really an issue. I have absolutely no problem "forgiving" her....she already is. I hold no ill will towards her. Forgiving someone, however, does not involve apologizing to them.

My purpose is to fulfill my biblical obligation to "Contend for the faith".

Jud 1:3 My dear friends, I was doing my best to write to you about the salvation we share in common, when I felt the need of writing at once to encourage you to fight on for the faith which once and for all God has given to his people.

Jud 1:3 Beloved, when I gave all diligence to write unto you of the common salvation, it was needful for me to write unto you, and exhort you that ye should earnestly contend for the faith which was once delivered unto the saints.

Now, as far as turning "the other cheek" is concerned, that scriptural reference is concerning not "resisting evil". I don't consider her as "evil".

Mat 5:39 But I say unto you, That ye resist not evil: but whosoever shall smite thee on thy right cheek, turn to him the other also.

So the point is that while she did insult me personally, I did not respond in kind. She called me a black man in white face. My point of contention is not concerning the personal matter, the contention is concerning the unsubstantiated, unprovoked, false, and deliberate effort to discredit Christianity, an attack on the faith.

Sure, I could take the easy way out and "end it" by making an apology to the person who sought to discredit my faith with false statements, but that would hardly be considered as contending "for the faith". So, I still do not see a problem with us agreeing to demonstrate mutual respect rather than me having to betray my belief system to offer her an apology for being true to the faith I profess.

Sure, I could take the easy way out and "end it" by making an apology to the person who sought to discredit my faith with false statements, but that would hardly be considered as contending "for the faith". So, I still do not see a problem with us agreeing to demonstrate mutual respect rather than me having to betray my belief system to offer her an apology for being true to the faith I profess.

Brother Excel10k ... you were asked to apologize, because you offended the Sister, and violated our rules, by calling her out of her name.

Yes, it could easily be considered the "easy way out" ... in fact, we hoped you'd consider it as such, and take full advantage of it.

You were asked to apologize because you have exhausted all of the mediating opportunities we provide. Since joining us, you have been warned repeatedly about making the discussions personal, attacking other Members, being disruptive, etc. You have been suspended for 2 weeks, in an attempt to try and get you to adhere to the high standard we require for participation. We have nothing beyond this, to get Members to cooperate.

It is because you have exhausted all options that we offer, that the suggestion was made for you to apologize. Hoping that it would nip this in the bud, and not have to go any further.

But you refuse, which is your right, and we absolutely respect it.

Unfortunately, it leaves us no choice at this point, but to ban you ... because your comments are in violation.

It's been a pleasure.

Much Love and Peace.

:heart:

Destee

this thread is closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

TractorsPakistan.com is one of the leading tractor exporters from Pakistan to Africa and the Caribbean regions.
HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Back