Black Women : Breast augmentation: Is it worth the pain?

Sista mocha.

The brain needs time to adjust from any major change, even if it is for the beeter.

Almost six years ago I underwent the surgery that restored my hearing after 12 years of profound deafness. I know that may not sound like the same thing as breast surgery but there are things we have in common, For a week after the surgery I had recurrent dreams of murder as if my brain knew it was about to experience a change as drastic as death--the death of the life I had lived and the coping strategies I had perfected.

It was certainly a change for the better but it took time for my brain to rewire itself. I think if you just recognize that you also have gone through a change (30 lbs is a major change) and accept it in time your mind will adjust to its new homeostasis.

pana- I understand where u r coming from I just wish I had that "manly" support in my life right now.

Poeticmanifesta-WOW, the good thing is I understand what u are saying. Prior to the pain I referred to my breast as my "babies" I said I would never go for surgery because I had what "God" wanted me to have, and I believed that. I even went as far as saying women pay thousands of dollars to get what I've got. But the end result was, I couldn't carry the weight of my full breast anymore. Thanks for allowing me to see that your P.O.V. is much needed when people are choosing the road to take dealing with this subject.

Sista river-Thank u for your insight on mind changes. I know in due time I will be alright, thanks for re-affirming that

mocha....a good friend of mine had the reduction surgery 3 years ago....she's 4'11 and began as an E and after breast feeding her first child her child (you know your breasts get even larger) they didn't "deflate" so to speak but stayed the larger size....now she was FRANTIC to get it done for ALL of the reasons you listed...afterwards she got pregnant with her next child and couldn't breastfeed as effectively as the first...she actually had to supplement which she dreaded due to her family's dietary viewpoints...but overall she was happy with the surgery...she also has the scars under her nipple (she said her husband didn't mind) and some lost sensation (which she does mind)

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

TractorsPakistan.com is one of the leading tractor exporters from Pakistan to Africa and the Caribbean regions.
HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Back