Black Women : Breast augmentation: Is it worth the pain?

Discussion in 'Black Women - Mothers - Sisters - Daughters' started by Ms_MochaB, Jan 16, 2006.

1. Ms_MochaB

Ms_MochaB Well-Known Member MEMBER

A Supervisor at the Sheriff's Department
    Ratings:
    +4
    March 2005, I had breast reduction surgery. :eek:hmy: I went from what you see in my pictue as a 42DDD (I thought I was DD all that time no wonder my chest hurt and my shoulders were sunk in) to a 40C. After my surgery I had some complications, such as my nipple was moved to an area with "dead flesh". Meaning larger breasted women actually lose feeling in areas of their breast without even knowing it until something like this surgery takes place. I am still left with little feeling in my left breast and there is no sexual gratification to the touch. Sometimes I think I would have been better off keeping the back and shoulder pain associated with large breast because now I'm ashamed of the scars and I don't want anyone to see me. My stomach now seems larger since my breast are smaller. It just seems there could have been other options, but what. Keep in mind I am 5'1, not tall at all and I was told they removed approximately 30 lbs from my chest area ... Would u men treat your women any different if they had the surgery? Would u women have the surgery knowing there was a possibility of complications?

2. karmashines

karmashines Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +19
    Well, it is my personal opinion that I wouldn't do plastic surgery unless I was deformed or had some type of accident or really any other health problem.

But a lot of people develop positive self-image after getting it so it all depends. If one's psyche greatly improves then it is worth it; if not then it probably isn't worth it.

3. jamesfrmphilly

jamesfrmphilly going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    retired computer geek
    Ratings:
    +13,748
    fruits, nuts, grains and vegetables............:thinking:

4. Ms_MochaB

Ratings:
    +4
    kARMA THAT WAS MY MENTALITY TOO, UNTIL i COULDN'T GET OUT OF BED FOR A WEEK, MY DOCTOR TOLD ME AT THIS POINT THAT WOULD BE ALL THAT COULD HELP, AND HE WAS RIGHT. IT'S THE PSYCHOLOGICAL AFTER EFFECT THAT BOTHERS ME.

LOL TO U JAMES ... BUT i KNOW FROM EXPERIENCE THE PAIN IS REAL ...

5. Riada

Riada Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +18
    This is a tough question because I've never been in your situation and can't know how intense the pain was for you. If the pain were really severe, I guess I would do it to relieve the pain provided I had gotten counseling about the complications and if I couldn't get rid of the pain in any other way. I would have tried other ways first if there were any.

I have a friend who had terrible back pains for years and the doctor told her that if she lost a lot of weight, she could get rid of most of the pain, so she lost the weight and most of the pain went away. She regrets now that she went through that pain all of those years.

6. karmashines

karmashines Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +19
    Well, I would consider what you went through a health concern more than physical appearance.

7. nevar

nevar Well-Known Member MEMBER

working to own my plus size empire.....
    Ratings:
    +135
    Mz. mocha i too went from the size e to a c and i too left with scars. my man embrace me and it took me five years to get the feeling in both. its was very hard for me to take my shirt off for anyone. if i do its in the dark. but he loves me all scars and all. i hope he will be the one for me so i won't go explaining why i look this way. my family on my daddy side has some biggins and i'm 5'3 there was no way i could carry those E's anymore. i miss em but my back feels alot better that's been 7 years ago. the first time i slept on my stomach i was doing the deion. i was happy but didnt like the after. very trying for me. on the outside i look happy behind closed doors its another. you have to embrace what you have, and hopefully the man will be understanding like my fella.:kiss1:

8. Ms_MochaB

Ratings:
    +4
    THANK U RIADA, KARMA AND NEVAR ... YOUR WORDS HELP MORE THAN U KNOW ....

JAMES .... BE BLESSED

9. panafrica

panafrica Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +194
    I am not going to lie: I am a breast man, so I'd be hurt in this situation!:bawling: However I always put the needs of me woman 1st, so I would be understanding and supportive. I'm glad to hear that some of the men who were actually in this situation were supportive as well.

10. PoeticManifesta

PoeticManifesta Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Local Insurance Agent
    Ratings:
    +47
    Coming from my P.o.v, me being a 38DDD (or E) ... and having the bra schaffing.. and bruising.. I would still never cut myself.. aint nothing a lil weight loss cant change.. personally.. i know that my chest weights 23lbs..
    I thought about reducing em.. i recieved a consultation and the surgeon was honest enough to tell me that since my breasts are still full.. and there was no back pain present that a little weight loss would be benificial. now i have a goal to loose 50 lbs... it has always been part of my regimine to make sure my back was strong, and my chest muscles were as well. A few pushups each night or morning handles that issue very effectively..
    I can still go braless.. without tripping over my breasts..
    but.. i wouldnt!
    O well..
    Im sorry to hear of your pain..
    but thank you for sharing your story,
    this confirms my idea never to do it!
    :eeek: