Black People Politics : Boyce Watkins boldly calls Omarosa the "B" Word

Even though Sgt. Waters had issues himself he well knew the damage just one Negro sellout could infect our will and determination against all odds.

Ok, you brought it up, so let's integrate the movie into our discussion.

Pfc Peterson sarcastically asked this of Sergeant Waters:

"Where you from?....England?"

So tell us, what was the intended meaning of the question posed to Waters and where is its placement in this discussion and the broader analysis?

I am seriously tired of this idea within our community that we should not judge the actions of other black people, because what if others are looking at us. Well if we are not out there doing things that are embarrassing and disrespectful of ourselves and others, then there is no worry about others judging us because we have peace of mind. We seem to have this mentality in our community that everyone does wrong, and so we go easy on those of our own who are doing harm to us. I believe that path is hurting us more than some of us realize. We need to come down hard on those who harm the community from within as much as those who harm it from without. If that means exposing the opportunistic nature of a brother or sister that harms our people, then so be it.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men (and women) to do nothing."
Edmund Burke
https://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/edmund_burke_377528

I agree with the highlights.

I am seriously tired of this idea within our community that we should not judge the actions of other black people, because what if others are looking at us. Well if we are not out there doing things that are embarrassing and disrespectful of ourselves and others, then there is no worry about others judging us because we have peace of mind. We seem to have this mentality in our community that everyone does wrong, and so we go easy on those of our own who are doing harm to us. I believe that path is hurting us more than some of us realize. We need to come down hard on those who harm the community from within as much as those who harm it from without. If that means exposing the opportunistic nature of a brother or sister that harms our people, then so be it.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men (and women) to do nothing."
Edmund Burke
https://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/edmund_burke_377528

Are you suggesting that you have never done anything embarrassing, disrespectful, or wrong?

I don't know many that would fall into that category. It's an honor to meet you if that is the case.

My approach, I think, allows us to deal with situations with empathy vs scorn / chastisement.

Recognizing that none of us are barely a stone's throw from the other, in word and deed.

Engaging with those who have behaved untoward, enlightening them, is all about the approach.

You cannot meet one talking how low down and dirty they are, and expect to move them.

Not Omarosa, as she is not here, but others with disrespectful, embarrassing, or wrong decisions.

We give them to know how they will be met, or we play favorites and are hypocritical.

The cliche ... you get more bees with honey than vinegar ... comes to mind.

But I suppose it all depends on the goal.

If talking about them is not for their edification, or anyone's, only to gossip ... your strategy is sufficient.

I've been here 20+ years doing this. Do you know we cannot talk about each other here, negatively?

In spite of this being my small contribution to the greater good, few pay me any attention.

There are more gossip sites, magazines, columnists, etc., than 20 years ago and it will continue to grow.

In spite of this, I stand firm on my belief that it can yield us something great, if ever we could pull it off.

But don't you worry, as I said above, no one pays me any mind and you do not have to either.

Judge, talk negatively of other's life choices while never putting your own on the table for view.

That's how most people do it, never revealing even their name, while disparaging the real name of others.

The Internet makes all of this very easy to do. Enjoy.

Loving Us!

:heart:

Destee

::

p.s. ... :D

It is not a rule violation, taking (negatively) about Omarosa or anyone that is not a Member here.

If they are not a Member, they are not protected by the rules.

This has pained me many times over the years, because folk wanna talk negatively about others.

I had to take the pain then ... and I will take it now ... :injured:

It is my hope, not a rule.

Are you suggesting that you have never done anything embarrassing, disrespectful, or wrong?

I don't know many that would fall into that category. It's an honor to meet you if that is the case.

I am not suggesting that at all. Everyone has caused harm in some way or another. The difference is the severity of the harm caused and whether one believes in working to make sure it is minimized or one who cares not what harm is caused as long as he gets what he wants. I have chosen the former and revile the latter. I've seen enough of it all over the country and outside of it to know the harm that latter sort of thinking does to themselves and whole communities. I know silence is the friend of those willing to cause harm for their own advancement. It allows them to continue with their actions unperturbed and unhindered. So exposing them is seen as a community good to me. I also don't believe in forgiving a person before said person has apologized and done some penance. So that is why I do not forgive Omarosa. Her actions do not show that she is sorry for what she helped to happen, they only show that she is seeking another means of getting ahead. As I said before, Omarosa only cares about Omarosa.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

TractorsPakistan.com is one of the leading tractor exporters from Pakistan to Africa and the Caribbean regions.
HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Back