Black Relationships : Born this way?

On to something? Or "on one"?

• Total voters
When it comes to feelings like that, you are now making it a religion/belief. People chose to be angry. Even if justified. These things are learned

Bruh, there is a lot of gray in what you've said....let me explain.

I've seen a few boys raised around all girls, and had ways that weren't quite manly, like they would over react if they go dirty, or never engaged in rough activity. But they were straight. I know one that got married, and his wife joked she was more of a man than he was. Also, there are plenty of cases where straight kids were raised by two gay couples, and it didn't change them. So behavior can be learned, then again it's not. We were treated badly by our father because that is the way his father did him, but I treat my kids just the opposite.

If you and I get mad, your last for a minute until to decide that you are in control of how you feel. I get mad, and crack a person in the jaw. The fact still remains, there was a period of time when you were mad. People has a choice of letting emotions last, but not occurring.

Peace!

Warning....

You are in violation of rule

Rule #6 - No Personalizing Discussions

Break this rule again and you will be banned from this thread.

You've been here long enough to know better.

Peace!

Sista rapunzal24, this post to apologize to you. I thread banned you in error, and I'm sorry for that. I personally want everyone's voice to be heard because I, and this board benefits from it. But sometime in the pursuit of that, I make mistakes. My goal here is the same goal that Destee, and the rest of the staff has and that is to promote unity, and to provide a place where our voices can be heard and not oppressed. We get enough of that out in the world, and this is the last place we need to come to have that perpetuated.

So I deeply apologize to you for my error, and my rush to judgement, and hope that you and I can move on and work together with the rest of the family to make this site the best black site on the net.

Peace!

[QUOTE="Kemetstry, post: 925277, member: 46" There is plenty of science saying there is no gay gene

./QUOTE]
Maybe, maybe not, in that I grew up with an individual of Irish ethnicity who was ALWAYS camp, whereas his 2 younger brothers and elder sister and brother were just like the rest of us, his brothers specifically would come out to play soccer, ride all over the place on our bicycles with the rest, whereas he never would.

When we started going to bars and clubs as teenagers it was noticeable just how much more comfortable he was with the girls as opposed to us/he could totally relate to/become totally immersed/join in, in their bitchy conversations about who was wearing what etc [while our eyes would be just rolling]; but he spent his adolescence denying he was gay, but when he did COME OUT as Gay when he was 20, we weren’t surprised [had always seen it coming]; he was definitely BORN THAT WAY!
[QUOTE="Kemetstry, post: 925285, member: 46" *sigh*

You anecdotal evidence no with standing, the real science says unequivocally, there is no gay gene. Thus, they cant be born that way

/QUOTE]
Didn't REAL SCIENCE once state that the Earth was flat and the center of the solar system, utilize lead pipes for the rich's drinking water, define non-whites generally, people of African ethnicity specifically as a sub-species of humanity as opposed to now having to concede that we Africans [the Pygmies/ Xhosa bushmen have the easily the longest mitochondrial DNA profile on the planet] are the direct descendents of the ORIGINAL MAN?

Isn’t ANYONE who genuinely believes they are not programmed
graphically illustrating that their programming is COMPLETE?

Bruh, there is a lot of gray in what you've said....let me explain.

I've seen a few boys raised around all girls, and had ways that weren't quite manly, like they would over react if they go dirty, or never engaged in rough activity. But they were straight. I know one that got married, and his wife joked she was more of a man than he was. Also, there are plenty of cases where straight kids were raised by two gay couples, and it didn't change them. So behavior can be learned, then again it's not. We were treated badly by our father because that is the way his father did him, but I treat my kids just the opposite.

If you and I get mad, your last for a minute until to decide that you are in control of how you feel. I get mad, and crack a person in the jaw. The fact still remains, there was a period of time when you were mad. People has a choice of letting emotions last, but not occurring.

Peace!

Earlier in this Thread, the accepted term, effeminate, was put on the table, because of the exactness of what you posted above, bro. Enki, here are links:

https://destee.com/threads/born-this-way.84005/page-3#post-925025

https://destee.com/threads/born-this-way.84005/page-4#post-925036

https://destee.com/threads/born-this-way.84005/page-5#post-925041

So, all the gray areas in between, can now be answered from the numerous source material links now available in this Thread, which all deny that folk are born gay.

Earlier in this Thread, the accepted term, effeminate, was put on the table, because of the exactness of what you posted above, bro. Enki, here are links:

https://destee.com/threads/born-this-way.84005/page-3#post-925025

https://destee.com/threads/born-this-way.84005/page-4#post-925036

https://destee.com/threads/born-this-way.84005/page-5#post-925041

So, all the gray areas in between, can now be answered from the numerous source material links now available in this Thread, which all deny that folk are born gay.

What makes being gay wrong? It's not secular law because it's not a crime to be gay. The only thing that makes being gay wrong is social nomrs. Those are the rules that social groups uses for appropriate and inappropriate values, beliefs, attitudes and behaviors. They can be explicit or implicit, and there is consequences for failure to stick to abide by them. Just like homosexuality is not accepted as a social norm and they catch hell for not abiding by the rules society has for men, and women.

This is our problem right here.
Injunctive norms are people's perceptions of what behaviors are approved of or disapproved of by others
http://www.personal.psu.edu/bfr3/blogs/asp/2012/11/two-kinds-of-norms.html

And in this thread is what you call opinions from folks that have what degrees in science that deals with this. It is just as easy to say a person is born gay, as it is to say he/she is not. Because no one can proved that it is learned, or not learned behavior. If it's learned behavior, why am I not gay since I was raised by a woman?

So the jury is still out cuz no side can prove what it says. All we have is social norms to judge folks by.

Peace!

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

Blessings sent to all journeying in 2024 so far
Chevron Dove wrote on cherryblossom's profile.
Sis Cherryblossom,
hoping that you are at peace where ever you may be.
Back