Black Relationships : Born Again Virgins...

Discussion in 'Black Relationships' started by LovelyGoldenOne, Aug 12, 2005.

1. LovelyGoldenOne

LovelyGoldenOne Well-Known Member MEMBER

College Student, Bookstore Clerk
    Ratings:
    +16
    i dont know if this has already been a topic but it is just something that is on my mind
    i dont wanna get up in everyone's business...but how many of you are successful and true born again virgins?
    i know i regret somethings i have done and i dont want to have any sexual relationship again until marriage...i want to abstain...and the Bible has persuaded me to stay with that idea...
    so how many of you have done that without relapsing? Did you feel "born again"?

2. jamesfrmphilly

jamesfrmphilly going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    retired computer geek
    Ratings:
    +13,743
    if you do not want to have sex just do not have sex.
    i don't see why you would need all the bible stuff.
    just do it.

3. indya

indya Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +23

Interresting idea. I can see how some men would look at this with suspision, but stick with it if that's what you think is the right thing for you. Good luck.

4. KWABENA

KWABENA STAFF STAFF

United States
    Leader-Student-Teacher
    Ratings:
    +367
    Not to get off the topic of "virgins," but I will discuss a little about being Born Again.

You know that you are Born Again when you have are CONFRONTED by God, and you have a chance to see yourself through the eyes of God (CONVICTION), then you CONVERT into the Body of Christ - Finally, you make the COMMITTEMENT to the Body of Christ. clean heart that is sensitive to God and you are fully committed in the Body of Christ, not in the world.

The most that I can say about the virgins, is that I do not feel truly born again, but I know that God knows what I want, so He will deliver when I conceive.

CD

5. LovelyGoldenOne

Ratings:
    +16
    i dont understand how men would look at that as suspicion and if they do then that obviously means that they are not for me...
    and i believe that the bible is the guidance to life...im not gonna preach but God has made me look at my life and see that i did wrong and he is helping me change...and i dont think there is anything wrong with that...
    sex in a way is overrated its really not needed....

6. karmashines

karmashines Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +19
    Some men would wonder if you could have sex with other guys before why can't you have sex with them now -- they may think you are playing some type of game. This is why it's best you find the type of man who believes and PRACTICES this philosophy. Men who are truly trying to save themselves for marriage would try to avoid situations that could lead him or you into temptation. An orthodox Christian, (which is they type of person the orthodox version of your faith expects you to marry), should not be having premarital sex anyway.

7. LovelyGoldenOne

Ratings:
    +16
    well i think that a mature man should understand that some women have been mistreated during premarital sex and some regret it and find solace and comfort in God...im a baptist and the Bible tells me that sex is not good before marriage...we all make mistakes and i have...but im tryin to get back God and premarital sex strays me away from him...im finish with those guys u just want sex anyway...eventhough they wont admit it...but i guess different people have different beliefs...
    nobody is perfect...

8. karmashines

karmashines Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +19
    There was a thread awhile back which gives some insight on how some secular non-religious men view this issue. Many don't look too kindly on it, so your best bet will be trying to find a man true to his faith that does.

9. river

river Watch Her Flow MEMBER

United States
    Author
    Ratings:
    +1,290
    Many men would just think you're tryinng to use your sex to wrench them into marriage (You give me that and I'll give you this). They see this as dishonest and immature. But like Sista Karmashines said it would be best to find someone who shares your faith and understands where you are coming from.

10. sonnee01

sonnee01 Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +29

Hi there,

I can say this would apply to me. Once I made my transition, I made a quality decision not to have sex until I was married and that was that! I also decided to stop drinking, and smoking (that greenish brown stuff)...... it has been over 15yrs since I've had a sip, or smoked anything.

I am the type of person that when I make a quality decision, I stick to.. I have always been real with myself.

I would like to say congrats to you for your decision. You can do it, it just a matter of choice...that's all :)