Black Women : BOOKS THAT EVERY BLACK WOMAN SHOULD READ

I support our sistaz reading anything but more fiction and drama.

Everytime I go into a Borders or Barns and Noble, I can always find our sistaz piled up in Fiction/Novels sections.

I stopped going to clubs...I meet all the women I want in in just a 10 square foot of space at the back of a book store.

My sistaz really work that fiction, especially all that Zane and Omar Tyreek.

An old lady of mine took me to a book signing last year to see some some fat fool who was promoting his novel about a 14 year old black girl who was repeatedly raped and abused by her father and brothers in 1950's New Orleans.

He had the crowd going until I stood up :nono: and asked why he insisted on further destroying the image of black fathers when there wasn't enough of them around already and why he and other black authors exploit the frustrations of our sistaz just to make a quick buck ?

I turned that place out and had my man shaking to the point he couldn't drink his water without wetting up his shirt and pants.

My old lady had to drag me out of there and buy me a couple steaks at Ponderosa to sooth my soul.

I have never read a Zane book nor Omar nor Eric Jerome Dickey nor E. Lynn Harris nor Michael Baisden.

Moreover, not ALL fiction tears down Black men.

There are many fiction novels which uplift and support Black relationships and the Black family unit.

I would like to add

"Ten Mistakes Black Women Make
by Dr. Grace Cornish

"There Eyes Were Watching God"
by Zora Neal Hurston

"Makes Wanna Holler"
by Nathan McCall

and "I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings"
by Maya Angelou

I once had a book by Dr.Grace Cornish...i don't exactly recalled the title,i think it was 10 mistakes that ruin black women lives...but it did have lots of good info.

Another book i would recommend for black women is...'Act like a lady,Think like a man,by Steve Harvey.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

TractorsPakistan.com is one of the leading tractor exporters from Pakistan to Africa and the Caribbean regions.
HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Back