destee.com
destee.com
Jan 22, 2001
betwixt and between
destee.com
Occupation
Website Consultant
Peace and Blessings Family,

As i watch these MSNBC prison documentaries, i see so many Black people working in them ... the overseers of the prisoners (slaves). It's us.

Now, i aint mad at no bodee who has to work and raise their Families, taking whatever job they can get. I understand this part, but can't help but look beyond that, to the historical parallel that is now before us.

They have us watching each other, and reporting to them, about us.

We all know that Black Men are overwhelmingly, disproportionately incarcerated.

I'd love to talk with a Sister or Brother that actually works in one of these maximum security prisons. If you are that person, or knows someone, that may be willing to join us in a class here ... sharing what it's really like inside ... please contact me!

If you are not willing to get on the mic and talk to us about it, please, just join and share in this thread. We don't have to depend entirely on MSNBC, or any other media outlet, when we are the ones inside, keeping watch over our Sisters and Brothers.

I know yall aren't probably really allowed to talk, tell stuff, so we'll respect that and only go as far as you're able.

:heart:

Destee

Blacks working in prisons is a positive thing. Who else would you want to have mentor our lost young black men. Would you rather have white men do it? I have a step son who is currently in training to become a corrections officer. My former wife is a supervisory corrections officer of almost twenty years, and she is extremely proud of the fact that she does the work that she does, and have helped as many young black men as she has. I work in law enforcement also, and have done a lot for some our young black men. These men are in jail because they, in most instances, are not capable of living in society without being menaces to it. Even with all of the ones we now have in penal system, the black community is not safe, and there are very few examples of law abiding black males to set examples for other young black men to follow, without the incarceration option, the black community would be under marshall law.

The correctional officers job is not to oppress these young men, but to encourage them to learn to read and to learn a skill so that they can become productive and law abiding citizens. Unfortunately, many of these young men don't really want any help, and are hell bent on causing as much disruption to the general peace as possible. Those people are not deserving of any more consideration than they have been given already by the court system.

There are numerous programs available to these young men, to enable them to avoid the traps that landed them in trouble in the first place. There are opportunities for concerned people, like those on this site, to volunteer to help these young men by providing reading lessons to some, religious services, cultural lessons etc. It is mostly the uneducated and illiterate who end up there. Since our people are represented in disproportionate numbers, than it is high time that we do something about it ourselves, and stop seeing this as some kind of enslavement system. If you visit prisons in the mid west i.e., Iowa, Montana, Idaho, Arkansas etc., you will see very few black faces, but you will see the same attitudes and circumstances that bring about these results.

We need to do something about this now, it is our problem, largely the result of neglecting to educate our boys, to monitor their behavior and to give them reasons to be black and proud. Nothing will happen until we stop blaming the white man and start taking responsibility for our communites

Destee said:
Peace and Blessings Family,

As i watch these MSNBC prison documentaries, i see so many Black people working in them ... the overseers of the prisoners (slaves). It's us.

Now, i aint mad at no bodee who has to work and raise their Families, taking whatever job they can get. I understand this part, but can't help but look beyond that, to the historical parallel that is now before us.

They have us watching each other, and reporting to them, about us.

We all know that Black Men are overwhelmingly, disproportionately incarcerated.

I'd love to talk with a Sister or Brother that actually works in one of these maximum security prisons. If you are that person, or knows someone, that may be willing to join us in a class here ... sharing what it's really like inside ... please contact me!

If you are not willing to get on the mic and talk to us about it, please, just join and share in this thread. We don't have to depend entirely on MSNBC, or any other media outlet, when we are the ones inside, keeping watch over our Sisters and Brothers.

I know yall aren't probably really allowed to talk, tell stuff, so we'll respect that and only go as far as you're able.

:heart:

Destee

Sis DESTEE..........

(Check this out: Legalized Corporate Slavery: A Sick and Twisted Reality)

If YOU love ME, then Love ME right--if not

then....Love what I say-----

http://www.**************/knowledge...porate-Slavery-A-Sick-Twisted-Reality-11.html

'Cause I'M ALWAY'S

ROARIN.............

HETEPU

mr ron said:
Blacks working in prisons is a positive thing. Who else would you want to have mentor our lost young black men. Would you rather have white men do it? I have a step son who is currently in training to become a corrections officer. My former wife is a supervisory corrections officer of almost twenty years, and she is extremely proud of the fact that she does the work that she does, and have helped as many young black men as she has. I work in law enforcement also, and have done a lot for some our young black men. These men are in jail because they, in most instances, are not capable of living in society without being menaces to it. Even with all of the ones we now have in penal system, the black community is not safe, and there are very few examples of law abiding black males to set examples for other young black men to follow, without the incarceration option, the black community would be under Marshall law.

The correctional officers job is not to oppress these young men, but to encourage them to learn to read and to learn a skill so that they can become productive and law abiding citizens. Unfortunately, many of these young men don't really want any help, and are hell bent on causing as much disruption to the general peace as possible. Those people are not deserving of any more consideration than they have been given already by the court system.

There are numerous programs available to these young men, to enable them to avoid the traps that landed them in trouble in the first place. There are opportunities for concerned people, like those on this site, to volunteer to help these young men by providing reading lessons to some, religious services, cultural lessons etc. It is mostly the uneducated and illiterate who end up there. Since our people are represented in disproportionate numbers, than it is high time that we do something about it ourselves, and stop seeing this as some kind of enslavement system. If you visit prisons in the mid west i.e., Iowa, Montana, Idaho, Arkansas etc., you will see very few black faces, but you will see the same attitudes and circumstances that bring about these results.

We need to do something about this now, it is our problem, largely the result of neglecting to educate our boys, to monitor their behavior and to give them reasons to be black and proud. Nothing will happen until we stop blaming the white man and start taking responsibility for our communities

I'M terrified of this entire missive. There isn't a single light-bulb or,
thought behind it.

What's wrong with a proud Afrikan Jegna over-seeing OUR Sons?
Are WE that afraid of SANKOFA? Do WE even know what that means?

If the knowledge is readily available then, why are'nt WE held to this standard?

Opposite of euro-beliefs, Black Men ARE real.

ROARIN..........

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

TractorsPakistan.com is one of the leading tractor exporters from Pakistan to Africa and the Caribbean regions.
HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Back