Black People : Black people and science fiction/fantasy

George Orwell was a prophet, with "1984" and "Animal Farm"

so was Aldous Huxley with "Brave New World"

also Kurt Vonnegut's "Farenheight 451"

Frank Herbert's "Dune" is a political and
metaphysical masterpiece. Star Wars was based on it.

as far as Sci Fi movies;
John Carpenter's "They Live" should be seen by every person of African descent

Cool!

Omowalejabali has already dropped it - Blacksciencefictionsociety(dot)com is the abode where brothers and sisters bringing all manner of speculative fiction from inner-vision to the physical plain hangout.

New genres are being developed.

Sword & Soul, cifer-RA

The wave is already here... It's funny... did a search for African American science fiction forums, and lucked up on this thread. I need to spend more time here!

Thanks Rekh,

I want to get a chance to explore my writing some and being around like minds I'm sure would get my juices flowing as well as inspire me.

as far as Sci Fi movies;

Your right star wars and dune, good movies and did not know Star wars was based on Dune but the similarities are right there to see.

Your right star wars and dune, good movies and did not know Star wars was based on Dune but the similarities are right there to see.

George Lucas incorporated a lot of the teachings of the late Joseph Campbell in his dialogue. Campbell was a master at exlaining archetypes shrouded in mythology

Look closely and you'll see elementes of kemetic names and cosmic archetypes, like Jedi (djed-eye) and Aniken, even the millenium. Falcon (Heru)

You"ll also see an element of the kabalistic tree of life in the guise of Darth (Daath) Vader.

This just scratches the surface

as far as Sci Fi movies;

yeah...the dune novels are the best sci-fi epic of all time to me....it's too deep for the movies...none of the ones made ever came close to doing the author justice....

"fear is the mindkiller...."

one love
khasm

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

TractorsPakistan.com is one of the leading tractor exporters from Pakistan to Africa and the Caribbean regions.
HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Back