Black People Politics : Black man, how does it feel to be a problem, a victim of war?

It's not a good feeling Enki, no, not at all...

Peace In,

There's a war going on as we all should, and do know, and no black man is safe from the institutional, systematic, or blatant racism committed against them. We are more likely to be racially profiled, stopped, frisked, arrested, prosecuted, and jailed more than any other demographic in this nation. Whites don't share the same misfortune for committing the same crime.

Reagan's war on drugs failed, but the war on us is winning. And lets be honest, the so called "war on drugs" was a subliminal effort by the government to push back the progression of black Americans. Plain and simple. It's been called the new Jim Crow because of the way it functions to imprison people, mainly us.

also this:

Since birth, black men in this country have been shackled with the burden of institutional racism built deep within this country's constitution

Peace!

It's not a good feeling Enki, no, not at all...

Peace In,
As I was explaining a few post ago, we aren't crying that we are victims, but we become victims of the policies that are enacted. For example during the Regan years, he cut a lot of social programs that benefited blacks. Those centers for learning and developing were full, people were making use of the opportunity. But when he cut the funding, I didn't hear people claiming they were victims. But they were the victim of those policies that was directed solely at them.

Peace!

Yep, you speak truth to power Enki... No one can deny the facts.

Peace In,

As I was explaining a few post ago, we aren't crying that we are victims, but we become victims of the policies that are enacted. For example during the Regan years, he cut a lot of social programs that benefited blacks. Those centers for learning and developing were full, people were making use of the opportunity. But when he cut the funding, I didn't hear people claiming they were victims. But they were the victim of those policies that was directed solely at them.

Peace!

There's a war going on as we all should, and do know, and no black man is safe from the institutional, systematic, or blatant racism committed against them. We are more likely to be racially profiled, stopped, frisked, arrested, prosecuted, and jailed more than any other demographic in this nation. Whites don't share the same misfortune for committing the same crime.

Reagan's war on drugs failed, but the war on us is winning. And lets be honest, the so called "war on drugs" was a subliminal effort by the government to push back the progression of black Americans. Plain and simple. It's been called the new Jim Crow because of the way it functions to imprison people, mainly us.

also this:

Since birth, black men in this country have been shackled with the burden of institutional racism built deep within this country's constitution:toast:

Peace!

Your assessment is correct...but I believe that there is a lot more we can do. Most blacks who have achieved have encountered racism BUT it did not stop them from achieving. I don't want to minimise the effect of racism. I believe that we as black folks must put our hands together and begin to do for ourselves what the system has denied us. There needs to be more trust and unity within the black community. The entrepreneurial spirit must be harnessed. The time has come for those who have the technical know how and the finance to put their money where their mouths are. This is the going into the 21st century and we cannot continue to fall down and play dead. ACTION is what is needed.

As the young blacks from the USA and the Caribbean leave high school and college, they must reach the stage where they think of owning their own businesses and not think that they MUST always work for someone. White folks have their own agenda and it is to keep blacks at the bottom round of the economic ladder. There must be a fighting spirit and a determination to make things happen. The banks and the financial institutions have their own agenda too, and it is time that blacks begin to mobilise their resources.. How long is too long? There is no time to delay... RACISM WILL ALWAYS BE AROUND. Tough times don't last...BUT TOUGH PEOPLE DO.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

TractorsPakistan.com is one of the leading tractor exporters from Pakistan to Africa and the Caribbean regions.
HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Back